Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Request]foo_filter (Read 4414 times) previous topic - next topic

[Request]foo_filter

First sorry for my bad english but I hope you can understand what I want to tell you 

As you can see in the Topic Description I am searching for a plugin that uses the foo_playlistgen_ex / foo_autoplaylist query engine to set a filter(bad english?) over the current playlist.

An Example:
I use foo_uie_albumlist and klick to 'The Clash'. Now all my The Clash songs are in the playlist ('libary view' by default).
Now I want to hear only songs which I have never played before. Now my requestet Plugin takes part 
I click on a Button called 'Never Played' and the query 'NOT PLAY_COUNTER IS *' is performed.
As result the playlist only consists of songs by The Clash which were never played.
Or I click to the button 'Rating 5' where the query 'RATING IS 5' is saved. Result should be clear.

Hopy you have understood what I want. If not please tell me and I try to explain it more detailed.

updated:
Added an Image of what it could look like.

[Request]foo_filter

Reply #1
that would be nice. i would like this to be dynamic, so you could change the filters on the fly.

i guess that would have to be supported either in the core or in the gui (for the dynamic version) - i.e. there would be service which would say, for a track, whether it should get filtered out or not. the gui / playback would use this to show and play only appropriate tracks ... (something like that skip over plugin from 0.8.3 with additional gui support).

[Request]foo_filter

Reply #2
that would be nice. i would like this to be dynamic, so you could change the filters on the fly.

Thats just what I want too. I made an Image with VisualBasic as an Example how it could look like.

i guess that would have to be supported either in the core or in the gui (for the dynamic version) - i.e. there would be service which would say, for a track, whether it should get filtered out or not. the gui / playback would use this to show and play only appropriate tracks ... (something like that skip over plugin from 0.8.3 with additional gui support).

I don't know how to realize. I'm not familar with fb2k-Plugin Coding

But I that anybody with coding skills likes this idea and starts coding  it

[Request]foo_filter

Reply #3
I want this, too!
I thought about something like this some time ago,
I would prefer a columnui component with costomizable items.
dynamic would be very great, too.
And maby the filters could have sort strings *dream*

[Request]foo_filter

Reply #4
Now I want to hear only songs which I have never played before. Now my requestet Plugin takes part 
I click on a Button called 'Never Played' and the query 'NOT PLAY_COUNTER IS *' is performed.
As result the playlist only consists of songs by The Clash which were never played.

You can achieve the same effect with foo_quicksearch.

The plugin you suggested would only make sense for me if it would leave the playlist as it is and skips the displayed tracks that don't matches the criteria.

I think the usage of foo_quicksearch and the playback queue makes this plugin not so urgent. For me at least!

[Request]foo_filter

Reply #5

You can achieve the same effect with foo_quicksearch.

The plugin you suggested would only make sense for me if it would leave the playlist as it is and skips the displayed tracks that don't matches the criteria.

I think the usage of foo_quicksearch and the playback queue makes this plugin not so urgent. For me at least!

Thanks a lot. Didn't know that I can use the playlist_gen query language in foo_quicksearch. But I see it only as a workaround.
Here the reasons why:
- It only searches the active playlist. (no chance to search the shown playlist,is it?)
- It creates a new Playlist (the not matching songs should only be hidden)
- I can't save the query's (there is a history of course but I do 'normal' searches too and so the query's get flushed after a while
- I can't combine saved query's (Never Played & No-Skip-Tag for example,I had to create a new query)
- I can't create Shortcuts or buttons with query's

That's what my idea for this plugin is.
I don't know I it is even possible to develop such a plugin. But I it would be great.

Nevertheless. Thank's for your help. Even better than create a autoplaylist all the time.

[Request]foo_filter

Reply #6
- It only searches the active playlist. (no chance to search the shown playlist,is it?)

I tried and to me, it searches the shown playlist regardless if the now playing track is into another, not-shown-at-the-moment playlist.

- It creates a new Playlist (the not matching songs should only be hidden)

Subtle difference for me: what is it a new playlist if not a container that shows what you want and hides all the rest? And with the bonus to still have the source playlist untouched for easy undoing or for other searches from the same source. Isn't a single click easy enough to delete it when you stop needing it?

- I can't save the query's (there is a history of course but I do 'normal' searches too and so the query's get flushed after a while

Mmmm, maybe you should have a close look to PlaylistTree and, if ported, its Quickquery feature.

- I can't combine saved query's (Never Played & No-Skip-Tag for example,I had to create a new query)

I would still study PLTree deeply and have a look at its author's sample pages.

- I can't create Shortcuts or buttons with query's

Unfortunately I think no component allows you to do it, yet.

The only way I see a usefulness of a "filtering" plugin is for it to act as a "master filter" and, regardless how I makes my selections (PlaylistTree; Albumlist; Browser; Quicksearch; Database explorer and even, if you like, drag and drop) it should filter the selection itself. For instance, if I'd like to listen only to tracks rated 5, I would just set the "master filter" to "rating = 5" and then I should get only 5 stars rated tracks regardless of the selection method.

The old foo_skip was on the way to get it but it was buggy and didn't deal well with listening methods different than "default".

[Request]foo_filter

Reply #7
The only way I see a usefulness of a "filtering" plugin is for it to act as a "master filter" and, regardless how I makes my selections (PlaylistTree; Albumlist; Browser; Quicksearch; Database explorer and even, if you like, drag and drop) it should filter the selection itself. For instance, if I'd like to listen only to tracks rated 5, I would just set the "master filter" to "rating = 5" and then I should get only 5 stars rated tracks regardless of the selection method.

This is exactly what I want.