Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD to flac conversion with laptop cd drive (Read 2158 times) previous topic - next topic

CD to flac conversion with laptop cd drive

Hello to all on the forum.
I am at present converting cds to flac using eac on my laptop. Eac did setup and test the cd drive when I installed it. There is such a lot made of the best cd player to play cds on I wondered if the humble pc drive is giving me good conversions.
Truth is I dont use the cd player now and am thinking of trading it in.
Any ideas please.
Thanks
thyristor44

Re: CD to flac conversion with laptop cd drive

Reply #1
First, the differences between different CD players are not nearly as great as they would have you believe.

Second, when you extract the digital information from a CD, it is either correct or it is not. There is no "almost". And, getting a perfect rip of the contents of a CD is not that difficult. You should not have any difficulties, especially if the results are verified by one of the databases.

Re: CD to flac conversion with laptop cd drive

Reply #2
That does make sense pdq. I will not panic and will continue to rip with eac.
Thanks for your help and quick reply.
thyristor44