Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets: how to prevent empty selection (Read 61604 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets: how to prevent empty selection

Hi,

I'm using the Facet plugin and I'm having a problem maybe you guys can help me out here.
I have four panels with one facet in each panel. Say:

Genres > Artist > Album > Tracks

The regular behavior is selecting items from left-to-right panels, filtering.

In the genres facet panel, if don't select anything or click on an empty area it will show ALL tracks from the database in the last facet (that is a HUGE amount of tracks).

Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I mean, if nothing was selected in the left panel then show nothing in the right panel instead of showing everything.

I thought of adding a custom pattern to the 'tracks' column but I wouldn't know how to check if something was selected in the left facet

I appreciate any help!