Skip to main content
Recent Posts
General - (fb2k) / Re: File Operation Copy - Auto Close?
Last post by Case -
There are several ways you can do what you want without making changes to existing components. You could for example drag the file you like to a temporary playlist and copy all the tracks in one go once you are done checking them. Or you could use foo_run component to copy the file without any visible dialogs.
General - (fb2k) / File Operation Copy - Auto Close?
Last post by Jackie78 -

I want to achieve the following: I browse through a list of MP3 files, if I like one, I want to press a keyboard shortcut and copy that file to a destination folder.

I already made a shortcut to File operations -> Copy file to. My problem is: when  I do this, and press run, the dialog stays open. Staying open would not be a problem, but as soon as I select another file in my list, and press my shortcut, the new file is not added to the Copy file to Windows.

So at the moment, I need to press the shortcut, run the job, and close the Window, which I find really inconvenient. Is there a trick to make the windows automatically close after the copy process has finished? Or at least to add the new copy job to the exisiting open Window?
General - (fb2k) / Re: foobar2000 for mac
Last post by Meeko -
Just wanted to thank Peter for version 2.1.27

I know this is only being done in your spare time, but its finally starting to come together!  I'm so happy that random play finally works as it should!  *puts quod libet on the back burner and brings foobar forward*  Only thing I want to see is to find a way to call album art....worked hard to get all that set up.  Foobar can see that there's art in the folder or in the file, but won't display it.
3rd Party Plugins - (fb2k) / Re: I want to make playlists without rearranging my entire album structure.
Last post by mjm716 -
Have you looked into "Smart Playlists"?
Hi, sorry for the late reply.
Would you be so kind as to send me a link to the install page for this component, as I seem to be unable to find it?

It's not a component, it's a feature of FB.

and search the forums for autoplaylist or smart playlist...
3rd Party Plugins - (fb2k) / Re: I want to make playlists without rearranging my entire album structure.
Last post by Le Croissant -
Not sure why tracks are being moved for you. Dragging and dropping (either from Explorer or foobar library / playlists) should only be adding a link / copy, not removing the source. Tracks are grouped by tags, so unless you are changing the %album% tag, they should still be listed in library viewer as part of the album.
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I forgot to mention that I'm using Simplaylist to display my albums. Perhaps Simplaylist considers my albums playlists and therefore removes them from an album when I add them to a different playlist?
Audio Hardware / Old amplifier: low humming on one output, "bleeds through" to others too
Last post by ChronoSphere -
It's been 5 years since I was able to get my old Soviet amplifier working with your help. It hasn't popped a fuse since, but recently I noticed a low humming noise on the left channel. This hum is always present on all input channels to a certain degree except one, where the noise is much louder and is present on both channels.

I have tried disconnecting everything but the speakers, but the hum is still present. If anything, disconnecting the input cables actually makes the hum louder. What could be causing this?

I have the full schematic here. I've marked the input selector part of the schematic, do tell if you need more info.
Support - (fb2k) / Re: NO benefits from using ASIO ?
Last post by -
You're outputting through S/PDIF. Obviously, in this case the audio stream can't be altered because that would make some audio undecodable. I was talking about analogue output.
In Xonar family sound cards all audio output via WASAPI(regardless of the mode used)
Is what you claimed.  Anyway, still doesn't matter.  PCM over S/PDIF is not encoded.  LPCM "obviously" works perfectly fine being resampled and sent over S/PDIF (too basic a principle to get into).  I have put up a proof showing exactly the opposite of what you claim.  Others here have also, either by the same proof as mine, or saying the driver was poorly done.  You have put up nothing but your belief that it must be so because you, or someone on the internet, says it is. As demonstrated here, you are wrong.
SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019