Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Copy file not in the source directory after converting to MP3 (Read 649 times) previous topic - next topic

Copy file not in the source directory after converting to MP3

My car can play music off of a hard drive through USB, great.  However, it loops through whatever folder is currently playing, I usually prefer to listen to an album once and not continuously.  I want to copy a file that has a minute or two of silence to the folder with the album so I know I've heard the whole album and get a chance to stop playback and select something else.

I use the Convert function in Foobar to convert from FLAC to MP3 in an identical directory structure - everything working correctly except it will not copy the silence file when done with the conversion.  It seems that either I'm not specifying the file correctly or any extra files to be copied must be in the source directory.   This is the text in the field for Copy other files to the destination folder: M:\Audio\Main\Car Drive\99 - The End.mp3

I've verified that the path and file name are correct.  Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Copy file not in the source directory after converting to MP3

Reply #1
Might be a misunderstanding of the "Copy other files to the destination folder" in the 'Other' section of the converter setup. When you're converting a bunch of files in one folder say
C:\User\Music\FLAC\Album\
to another folder say
D:\Car\Music\Opus\Album\
you can also specify other files from \Music\FLAC\Album\ that you want to be copied into \Car\Music\Opus\Album\. It's a useful option for image files like folder.jpg. If "99 - The End.mp3" is in the folder with all the flacs you're converting then you'd want to just put "99 - The End.mp3" in that field. The little question mark on the far right of the box explains it in another way with cooler info.
Odd that the car has to repeat the folder though.

Re: Copy file not in the source directory after converting to MP3

Reply #2
I read the help pop-up, those examples do show files in the source directory, but it doesn't explicitly say that they other files must be in the source directory.  It appeared to be exactly what I wanted, I was hopeful.  Perhaps this could be an option at some point.