Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.0: discussion (Read 168256 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.0: discussion

Reply #175
That behaviour depends on the notification area icon settings.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #177
Is there any way to recreate the old "View Now Playing" behavior? Currently, when that command is executed, a popup balloon appears over the foobar icon and displays the current playing track. The old behavior actually changed the focus of the selection to the track that was currently playing.  This was very useful when a lot of playlists were open and you wanted to quickly go to the one that was playing.

I think what you are looking for is ACTIVATE NOW PLAYING which is no longer in 1.0 it seems. I don't know why. I also used it a lot

Reply #178
That has nothing to do with the core, though. If you don't see "Activate Now Playing" anymore, you forgot to (re)install Columns UI.

Reply #179
That has nothing to do with the core, though. If you don't see "Activate Now Playing" anymore, you forgot to (re)install Columns UI.
My bad, thanks for reminding me this.

Reply #180
Tell me please, why at equalizer activation there is an effect of normalisation of loudness?
I use version 1.0. Thanks

Reply #181
There is not.

Reply #182
Tell me please, why at equalizer activation there is an effect of normalisation of loudness?
I use version 1.0. Thanks

There is not.

Yes there is. I was just going to post about this, glad someone else noticed it.

Something was done to the peaks processing or something
I have completely disabled ReplayGain, and still get random frequent loudness changes when the EQ is on (no other DSPs active).
This is the sole reason i am considering switching back to the 0.9 series.
I can attach my equalizer preset if anyone needs it.

Reply #183
EQ volume pump effect seems to be side effect of using float output on Vista/7 with DirectSound. Windows mixer seems to lower volume for samples that would clip. If you try WASAPI output you should get expected output.

Reply #187
Yes, that report has been read and the bug fixed.
No need to bump this poor thread with it.
Let's move back to the usual routine - start a new topic for each question or comment instead of piling up everything in one thread with generic title.