Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: System-wide Crossfeed - Windows any news? (Read 2988 times) previous topic - next topic

System-wide Crossfeed - Windows any news?

I know there have been several similar posts before, but as they all seemed to be kinda inconclusive. Also, since there is another thread at this precise moment talking about ladspa plugins for Linux (and for the sake of watching films with said effect) I have to ask:

Has anyone found any (credible) instructions on how to get system-wide crossfeed support on either Linux or Windows?

If not, did anyone at least found a way to make VLC video player to do just that? It's just that, I got so used to having CF for music (foobar2000 on Windows, deadbeef on Linux, along with some other Android players) - that my brain cries out for such effect whenever I'm in front of my PC.

Edit: oops, forgot to write "Linux" on the title!
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Re: System-wide Crossfeed - Windows any news?

Reply #1
Has anyone found any (credible) instructions on how to get system-wide crossfeed support on either Linux or Windows?
The Peace GUI for Equalizer APO supports crossfeed. You can use VST plugins in EQAPO as well as impulse files with the integrated convolver.

Reply #2
Cool! It even comes with video-tutorial. Much unlike the last time I tried a lapsa plugin on Linux and gave up after some time, so arcane the instructions were.

I'm definitely giving it a go, as soon as I'm free. Thanks!
União e reconstrução

Reply #3
You can use VST plugins in EQAPO as well as impulse files with the integrated convolver.
I guess Peace's Crossfeed knob or the built-in Jan Meier's switch already provide what is needed without the need of any extra VST plugins, don't they?

Also, since the 90's, Creative Lab's own convolver (EAX), built into their soundcards and MP3 players, have never actually appealed to me in terms of actually enhancing my can listening experience - so, for this purpose alone, I think I'll just forgo it in favour of crossfeeding.
União e reconstrução