Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback freeze for 1-2 second after screen wake up (Read 1084 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback freeze for 1-2 second after screen wake up

Hello,

I love Foobar2000 , but on my both Windows 7 machines when screen off and the I move the mouse for wake up screen, but after wake up screen, playback stop play/freeze for 1-2 second and then continues normally.

Is it a bug or can I somehow fix this issue?

I am using Foobar 1.6.7 as portable with Fade in/Out DSP plugin.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Playback freeze for 1-2 second after screen wake up

Reply #1
Try to increase output buffer length (File->Preferences->Playback->Output->Buffer length)

Reply #2
If what @Rollin suggested doesn't work, then try to go to (Ctrl+ P --> Playback --> Output --> CLEAR checkmark on Fading/Smooth seeking pause and volume. (i.e. Make sure it's NOT check-marked).
I was having a similar problem but in reverse. Whenever the screen went off, it would stutter for a second and then continue normally. That was what fixed it.
Let us know when/if you fix it and what worked

Reply #3
samuelawachie: But if I uncheck this option, fade effect stop working.

Rollin: Ok I will try it, do you have any tip what buffer value should I set? I set now for 2070ms. So hope that fix it :) .

Reply #4
Ok, yes it doing Fade plugin :-/ . When I uncheck Fade effects, Foobar works correctly without freeze playback. Now I am on 10 100 ms buffer, but still freezing.

Reply #5
I knew disabling the Fade will be what will work as it’s so identical to the problem I had earlier.
Actually I’m not missing the Fade effects at all as they weren’t set to astronomical values anyway.
Nothing should interrupt music for any reason!
Music is the Copy to our Paste, the Alpha to our Omega and the barbecue sauce to life itself (;