Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Part of Compilation (Column / TAG) (Read 970 times) previous topic - next topic

Part of Compilation (Column / TAG)

Hi all.
Please, is there a variable to add an information for 'Part of Compilation" as in the picture below (from TagScanner)?
Evidently, it doesn't need to be a 'check box'. It would be enough if it were some variable that could include some information, for example, "yes", if it were really part of a compilation.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Part of Compilation (Column / TAG)

Reply #1
Hi there,

You can add a new field in right-click track > Properties. What file type are you tagging?

According to Tag Mapping, you could probably just use COMPILATION for everything.

However beware there is also ITUNESCOMPILATION. On MP3 / ID3 tags foobar maps that to TCMP frame, according to ID3 Tag Mapping.

(I'm not sure if using COMPILATION on MP3 files whether foobar writes it to TCMP frame? Also I'm not sure which field Tag Scanner is reading there)

Both fields should have a value of 1, or nothing at all. Of course you can display it in foobar however you like -

Code: [Select]
$if(%compilation%,Yes)

Cheers

Re: Part of Compilation (Column / TAG)

Reply #2
Hi there,

You can add a new field in right-click track > Properties. What file type are you tagging?

According to Tag Mapping, you could probably just use COMPILATION for everything.

I'm tagging everything, so I think COMPILATION will work for me!
Many, many thanks!!!