Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC+Wavpack -h+Individual Tracks+Cue Sheet? (Read 6896 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC+Wavpack -h+Individual Tracks+Cue Sheet?

Hi, everyone.

I've been trying to piece together the information needed to Rip my CD's using EAC and Wavpack -h but haven't been able do what I want with it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EAC- 

1.) If possible I would lke to Rip my CD's using EAC's most accurate method.  My understanding is that using Secure Mode along with Accurate Rip while ripping individual tracks will best accomplish this.

Is this correct?

2.) I have decided to rip my cd's to the Wavpack file format using high compression (-h).  Is it possible to Rip my CD's to individual tracks while creating a .cue sheet that will take into account the CD Gaps and later be able to pull the individual Wavpack tracks together to create an accurate CD Image for burning if needed?

If this is possible I could really use a hand putting together a functional "additional Command-line options" command-line for EAC as I have failed to do so properly as of yet.

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide.   

-smthngtd

Reply #1
1.) If possible I would lke to Rip my CD's using EAC's most accurate method.  My understanding is that using Secure Mode along with Accurate Rip while ripping individual tracks will best accomplish this.

Is this correct?

No, it's not. If someone told you ripping to multiple WAVs is more secure because of copy and test then the info you got is outdated. Copy & test is now also possible with single WAV rips in the latest version of EAC.

So the choice of the preferred output is coming down to what suits your needs best and not anymore what's more secure.

Reply #2
Thank you, Fandango.

If I understand you it's just as accurate ripping my cd's using EAC to either individual tracks/WAV's or a single Image/WAV when using EAC's Copy & Test.  Is that correct?

Reply #3
I think I need a little more step-by-step instruction. 

I just finished several months of military training and my brain is a little fried unfortunately.  I have a whole box of CD's that I ordered while out of state and I would love to archive them in the most efficient way possible.

All help is truly appreciated.

-smthngtd

Reply #4
If I understand you it's just as accurate ripping my cd's using EAC to either individual tracks/WAV's or a single Image/WAV when using EAC's Copy & Test.  Is that correct?
Exactly.

I think I need a little more step-by-step instruction.
Well, for starters you can experiment a little, not doing anything meant for the real music collection/archive.

For example the new EAC version 0.99 comes with an extended First-time Wizard that will set up much more things for you than it used to do. Select the FLAC profile and see how you like EAC doing the rip, then try to exchange the FLAC command line encoder with WavPack's...

But for a serious automated setup, you'll need better guidance than that... maybe someone else has better tips?

Oh, did you have a look at the HA.org Wiki? Maybe there's already a guide for what you want to do.

I myself do a lot "by hand" as I'm only ripping CDs occasionally, so my way is probably not efficient enough.

I just finished several months of military training and my brain is a little fried unfortunately.

Reply #5
Much appreciated, Fandango.  Your response is very helpful.

I've been getting to know EAC with the 0.95 beta4 version, so I'll start using 0.99 and see what I can come up with.  I have tried to learn from the HA.org Wiki info/tutorials but haven't been able to put it all together as of yet.

-smthngtd

Reply #6
I'm getting no where here people.  Someone please help me out. 

At this point I'd like to either Rip to Individual Tracks or to an Image, I don't care which as long as the Cue Sheet is embedded.  I have no idea how to do it. 

Anyone have a command-line for EAC that will work and an explanation about how to make it work?  I'm now using EAC 0.99 prebeta 1.

-smthngtd