Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: unable to compile tinypack source in visual studion 2005 (Read 6437 times) previous topic - next topic

unable to compile tinypack source in visual studion 2005

I am unable to compile tinypack in visual studio 2005.  I need to compile it for pocket-pc ARM/smartphone.  First of all there is no sln file in the source.  When I create a project and add necessary files, one of the header files is referencing sys/types.h.  There is no types.h anywhere in the source. 

Please help. 
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Najam.

Reply #1
I am unable to compile tinypack in visual studio 2005.  I need to compile it for pocket-pc ARM/smartphone.  First of all there is no sln file in the source.  When I create a project and add necessary files, one of the header files is referencing sys/types.h.  There is no types.h anywhere in the source.

Hi,

Well, sys/types.h is a standard C header file. If your system is having trouble finding that then it may not be configured properly (although I have no experience building for pocket-pcs).

I have created a solution and project file for Visual C++ 2005 and attached them here. I get a few warnings, but it builds and seems to run fine. The only thing I had to change from the default was to add the WIN32 as a preprocessor definition (and, of course, set the project type as a console app).

Hope this helps...

David

Reply #2
Hi - your project works fine and I can compile for win 32.  I am still not able to compile for smartphone/pocketpc architecture.  Is there anyone who can covert this attached solution for ARM/smartphone/pocketpc architecture and/or provide and executable that would work in ARM/pocketpc/smartphone environment.
Regards,
Najam.

Reply #3
Hi - your project works fine and I can compile for win 32.  I am still not able to compile for smartphone/pocketpc architecture.  Is there anyone who can covert this attached solution for ARM/smartphone/pocketpc architecture and/or provide and executable that would work in ARM/pocketpc/smartphone environment.

Hmm, it seems like nobody is familiar with that. I googled a little for "smartphone" and "types.h" and found this. I don't know if it will help, but it sounds like types.h is available if you know where to look. You could also just try commenting out that include and seeing what errors you get (I doubt that much is used from there).