Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k v2] Tagger Panel (foo_uie_tagger_mod) (Read 103873 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #125
How can I prevent foo_uie_tagger to take over the content in my tracks (thrived from the tag i want to assign predefined tags to)?
Atm, my cute little list of meaningful tags I've made, gets bombarded with non-useful data from the tags of my mp3's/flacs.

Cute little list: https://gyazo.com/0df255320a26f7933ebbdba3a51927fc
Bombardation after importing tracks: https://gyazo.com/18f78c7c257f9b7ab383b8a6330919c4

Reply #126
foo_uie_tagger_mod is not bombarding anything. It's just doing what you've told it. Did you at least consider to check the help file:

Scan library for more tags in fields: Choose, if there should be added additionally values to the list, which are present in the library but not in the list. You can specify the fields (separated by semicolon), which should be used while scanning. For example specify artist;album artist, if the active metadata field is artist. If no field is specified, the active metadata field is used. This option is also available by the component's context menu.

Reply #127
Let me rephrase....
I simply want to use my list made in foo_uie_tagged_mod, but don't want any additional values to be added to this list.

I've tried by setting the 'Scan library for more tags in fields' to explicit; tag (since that is either 0 or 1 I believe) but it still takes over whatever is present in the metadata field of the track I select:
https://gyazo.com/3d613f2ab5ef0a270892da4e12455666

Reply #128
I simply want to use my list made in foo_uie_tagged_mod, but don't want any additional values to be added to this list.
Sure, I understood this.

I've tried by setting the 'Scan library for more tags in fields' to explicit; tag (since that is either 0 or 1 I believe)
Then probably your believing is wrong or you didn't remove the values, which were added before. But why so complicated: Just uncheck "Scan library for more tags" and remove all unwanted values.

Reply #129
The problem is, the moment I put tracks in the playlist, foo_uie_tagger_mod will read the values from the tag PUBLISHER
(since I want it to write there)
Those are automatically added to my little list.

Since my new downloaded files contain values in PUBLISHER, that has nothing to do with my list in foo_uie_tagger_mod, I have to remove them afterwards.

I wanted the read-out to be disabled, so I didnt have to edit my list everytime again.

I created a work-around:
1) Set foo_uie_tagger_mod to write to DUMMY tag (which is obviously empty therefor/Therefor no extra values will be added to the list)
2) Set the values from the list I want, to the tracks from the playlist
3) Created a Save button using Masstagger, that will remove Publisher field (to get rid of the unwanted values);
Format value from other fields: Destination -> PUBLISHER & Formatting pattern: %DUMMY%;
Remove field: DUMMY

Reply #130
Ok, this is another case where values will be automatically added to the list, which is, of course, mandatory as the list shows all values for the active playlist. But also here the described workaround seems to be overcomplicated, as this can also be done without writing values first to a dummy tag and an additional button:

Prerequesite: Assuming that a preset for the publisher tag exists, create an additional preset for a tag, for which it either doesn't hurt, when the list is filled with its values or create a preset for a dummy tag
1. Activate the preset, which was created as described above
2. Remove the values for the publisher tag
3. Activate the publisher preset and set the values for the tracks

Only, if a preset is active and visible, the values from the active playlist will be added to the tag list.

Reply #131
A new version is out. Please, check the first post for details.

Reply #132
foo_uie_tagger_mod is a foobar2000 component for quick tagging defined metadata fields. It can be used as a panel for ColumnsUI or a free floating window.

Prerequisites:
ColumnsUI 1.7.0 or higher

I found this component super useful back when I used CUI. Any chance that a DUI version of this component can be made?

Reply #133
I found this component super useful back when I used CUI. Any chance that a DUI version of this component can be made?
I'm sorry, but this is not very likely to get happen.

Reply #134
New version, see first post.