Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Some Playcounter mods (Read 123392 times) previous topic - next topic

Some Playcounter mods

Disclaimer: I only found it. It is not my release or whatever. The original author is Kitahei.
As of 2007/07/23 foo_custom_pc is merged into foo_playback_custom. Please update accordingly.

foo_playback_custom (Playback Statistics Custom) version 1.5.1 (2009/04/28)
Optional: foo_custominfo 0.1.2

This plugin stores playback statistics (playcounter, firstplayed and lastplayed; you can change these metadata names to any things you like) in three ways:
- In Tags.
- In foo_custominfo database.
- In Tags and if writing tag fails (e.g. WAV files) then those infos will be written to custominfo database.
For settings, look "Preferences - Tools - Playback Statistics Custom".

Change log
* Fixed the cause of troublemaker in foobar2000 v0.9.6.5
* Allow you to use "Reset Page" button in preferences page
* Allow you to use "Help" button in preferences page
* Rebuild with latest SDK
* Switched default PLAY_STAMP to off
* Fixed that the character had disappeared partially in preferences page

Download and manual are here.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #1
Thanks for that!  I installed it, and it IS much faster than the other version.

Is there any way to suppress the window that pops up when the .dll updates the tag of the song?  It is annoying to see that pop up every song that it updates the information for.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #2
As I said they're not my releases, I can't help much. For the problem you said it's weird though as I don't have that pop up over here with foo_playcount_custom. For me, I'm using foo_custom_pc with use foo_custominfo to store infos so of course I haven't seen that pop up once. I will try to get in contact with the author later.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #3
As I said they're not my releases, I can't help much. For the problem you said it's weird though as I don't have that pop up over here with foo_playcount_custom. For me, I'm using foo_custom_pc with use foo_custominfo to store infos so of course I haven't seen that pop up once. I will try to get in contact with the author later.

No problem.  If you get the chance to talk to the author, you might mention my small problem.  I can live with it, however. 

Thanks again!

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #4
Is there any way to suppress the window that pops up when the .dll updates the tag of the song?

Well, then I would definately not consider this an "upgrade" to foo_playcount_mod like the page suggests.
Faster or not.

Thanks for sharing though. I'm sure (considering foobar's unicode support) that their are lots of components not cataloged here because the authors aren't English speaking.
elevatorladylevitateme

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #5
The author will be here sooner or later as he has registered.
@Maranatha: About your problem he said that he has made a tweak to make it better. It will be released with later version.
Sorry it seems like he misunderstanded me asking how he has done it with the component. The current version is the best it can get as far as he told me. From researching a little about the source code of the component I also think this is the best he can do with what the SDK provides (with my little C/C++ knowledge). Weird though as I don't encounter the updating dialog over here at the time I tried the component out. I'm using foo_custom_pc now which relies on foo_custominfo entirely so no annoying updating dialog.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #6
The author will be here sooner or later as he have registered.
@Maranatha: About your problem he said that he has made a tweak to make it better. It will be released with later version.

Good news, thank you! 

I hope he keeps us informed about when it will be released?

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #7
@Maranatha: Look at my previous post, I have updated it.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #8
@Maranatha: Look at my previous post, I have updated it.

No problem, it's probably something I have not set correctly within my configuration.  I'll keep working on it.  Appreciate all the effort you've gone to on this issue!

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #9
foo_custom_pc (Playcounter for foo_custominfo)
This plugin stores playback statistics (playcounter, firstplayed and lastplayed) with not tag but foo_custominfo database .
For settings, look "Preferences - Tools - Playcounter for foo_custominfo".

This is an excellent idea, I can't wait to test this out.  Thanks.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #10
Updated see first post.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #11
I miss an option to convert existing tags into database.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #12
How can you read the information? I understand from the wiki that foo_custominfo writes them to a file, but doesn't not alter the tags. Now I wonder where you can find this information back.

(i am such a noob)

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #13
How can you read the information? I understand from the wiki that foo_custominfo writes them to a file, but doesn't not alter the tags. Now I wonder where you can find this information back.

(i am such a noob)

foo_custom_pc (Playcounter for foo_custominfo) version 1.0.1 (2007/06/27)
Requirement: foo_custominfo 0.1.2
This plugin stores playback statistics (playcounter, firstplayed and lastplayed) with not tag but foo_custominfo database.
For settings, look "Preferences - Tools - Playcounter for foo_custominfo".

I have not used them, but according to what I read, you use foo_custom_pc to write the information to the database, which is foo_custominfo.  I would think that you can get the information back by looking at the
Preferences - Tools - Playcounter for foo_custominfo settings.  Give that a try.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #14
@masterrossi: You said foo_custominfo so I assume you want to use foo_custom_pc right?

First you need to put the foo_custominfo.dll and foo_custom_pc.dll into the components folder inside where you install/put foobar folder.
Fire up foobar and go to its Preferences (Files -> Preferences)
Make the custominfo settings look like this

Storage method selection you can chose text file, SQLite database or foobar2k config file. Personally I use the SQLite option. You can get more info about each mode here.

Now onto foo_custom_pc settings

Select the timing you want with those radio buttons. Edit the tag names as you prefer. And uncheck the last setting to allow file outside of foobar database having playback statistics updated or not.

Now with those settings above you can access the infos with %PC% for play counter, %FIRSTPLAYED% for First Played and lastly %LASTPLAYED% for Last Played. If you change the tag names, you need to change the tagz string (like %PC% to whatever you chose e.g. if you use PLAY_COUNT then it's %PLAY_COUNT%) as well.

PS: I use Kitahei's pictures in his guide for those components above, lazy to make mine and upload.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #15
Ahh, found out how to show it...just added some small string in my layout.

Great stuff, thanks for the answers.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #16
>> thuan san and other users

Thank you for using my components.

I have been registered this forum at last.

>> Maranatha san

I'm sorry for confusing you.

I don't know how to suppress the pop-up window.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #17
>> Maranatha san

I'm sorry for confusing you.

I don't know how to suppress the pop-up window.

Thank you for your component!  It is very good, and very fast.  The Pop-up window has stopped showing, I don't know why, but it just stopped.

So, everything is good.  I really like the speed, it is fast.

Do you plan on making any other components?

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #18
Do you plan on making any other components?

Yes.

Some days ago, I released foo_ftpput.dll.

This plugin upload playback informations (title, artist, album, rating and play-count) recently to FTP server.

And including the information file on your web site, you can show playback informations other users.

Please check follows page if you are interested.

My foobar2000 components page

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #19
kitahei, thanks for this great component -- I've wanted to store playback statistics in a database for a long time.

For a long time I've also wanted to store timestamps for every time a file is played.  This would be a multi-value field that added a new value with every play, so that info on a track's entire play history would be available.  Would you consider adding this?

Thanks.

edit: also, can you release the source code?  I'd hate to see development stop on this component if you disappear.

edit2: also, I think it might be a good idea to establish a better default tag schema for this component, something based on the original tags.  So, for instance:

play_count_ci
first_played_ci
last_played_ci

I know I can just change these myself, but for the purpose of consistency and use in distributable configs, it would help if (a) the default tags resembled what has been used before, and (b) everyone used the same tags by default.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #20
the preferences dialog font from foo_custom_pc 1.01 is much to big here. I cannot see the toggle "Only tracks in the media library update playback statistics"

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #21
>> topdownjimmy san

Thank you for useful opinions. :D

For a long time I've also wanted to store timestamps for every time a file is played. This would be a multi-value field that added a new value with every play, so that info on a track's entire play history would be available. Would you consider adding this?

This means like follows?

PLAY_HISTORY[0]  : 2007/06/23 09:00
PLAY_HISTORY[1]  : 2007/06/22 11:00
PLAY_HISTORY[2]  : 2007/06/21 10:00

edit: also, can you release the source code? I'd hate to see development stop on this component if you disappear.

Yes I will.

I will release the source code in the near future.

Then I announce in this thread.

Please wait.

I know I can just change these myself, but for the purpose of consistency and use in distributable configs, it would help if (a) the default tags resembled what has been used before, and (b) everyone used the same tags by default.

It is as your telling.

For next version, I will change default tag name.

Thanks.

>> Infernus san

the preferences dialog font from foo_custom_pc 1.01 is much to big here. I cannot see the toggle "Only tracks in the media library update playback statistics"

I am checking now, please wait.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #22
well done kitahei, but I can't figure out why Foobar stop playing the song for 0.5 second when updating the info.

is this normal? Its only the first time.

I've a good computer and CPU is 0% when updating. (foobar use 15mb of 1024mb of 200mb in use)

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #23
well done kitahei, but I can't figure out why Foobar stop playing the song for 0.5 second when updating the info.

I heard the behavior for the first time.

*Which component foo_custom_pc or foo_playback_custom do you use?
*Please show me your settings in preference page of the component.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #24
foo_playback_custom
It's with every setting I tried, except 'do not update'

it's just when the pop ups shows up.
track stops between 0.5 and 1 second, some more then other.
and as I said only the first time.