Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: JScript Panel (Read 285409 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JScript Panel

Reply #425
I'm using your new development marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel, tell me how to change the size of the cover in the playlist on jsplaylist-mod?

I doubt he'll be very responsive. Read the posts on page 17. Also, you're asking a question about a script that's not even marc's. He's not the author of jsplaylist-mod.

Reply #426
I'm using your new development marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel, tell me how to change the size of the cover in the playlist on jsplaylist-mod?
Drag to change the width of the cover column.

Reply #428
columns -> ststus -> visible>>>>checkboks! Thx

Reply #429

I doubt he'll be very responsive. Read the posts on page 17. Also, you're asking a question about a script that's not even marc's. He's not the author of jsplaylist-mod.
It's in his Samples folder. It's his modified version of Br3tt's script.

Reply #430

He's still active on the foobar2000 subreddit (as you can see here https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/7nmndb/jscript_panel_v2_beta/). May want to try there if you don't find what you're looking for here.

Reply #431
It's in his Samples folder. It's his modified version of Br3tt's script.

Yeah, I got some scripts too that I modified to my own desire, but they're not mine. As I said, marc's not the author of  jsplaylist-mod.

Reply #433
Is there anything meaningful you're trying to contribute here other that starting a useless discussion? He's not the author, period. And he's not here for now. Don't waste my or anyone else's time with useless discussion and next time before you comment ask yourself this "what useful information am I contributing here".  Have a nice day.

Reply #434
Anyway, this jscript component work quite well now. The BIG thing missing in this component is the ability to drag a selection of songs out of a jscript panel, drag and drop is something quite essential to any UI (yes it's possible to drop into, but not to drag out). Maybe if one day a c++ developer come here and have some free time that he's willing to spend on this, then we'll have a component with everything in it : )

Reply #435
I can't seem to find the Recent Tracks script in the new 2.0.1 beta sample pack. It used to be included with lastfm artist info- user charts sample. Has it been moved to a separate script sample or has it been bumped out of the sample pack?

Reply #436
Anyway, this jscript component work quite well now.

I must say, it work even better with the 2.0 update, thanks marc2003 if one day you read that! It's a lot faster with the Chakra script engine

Reply #437
I reset his account email address ages ago, so he'll be able to get back in, but he'll have to request that it send the activation mail again.

Reply #438
Since "JScript panel 2.01+" my "JS Smooth Playlist Manager" is not working any more.

Any ideas?

PS : Nice work!

Reply #439
Out of curiosity, how many of you are switching to version 2 or higher?
Right before marc2003 took over the project, there were quite a few unofficial WSH panel versions around and making sense out of the various script samples and contributions was kind of a mess. The advent of JScript panel put an end to this, and I happily resolved to align all of my scripts to the new standard. But now, since marc2003 left, I have the feeling the development is once again at random. At first I thought the best decision would be to stick to the last official JScript panel version, but now I see many are updating their scripts.
I learn a lot form other people's scripts and being familiar with the version they are using is crucial, let alone testing the scripts requires the right version of the component. So - my survey is especially addressed to the more active scripters - how are you dealing with marc2003's new developments?
I'm late

Reply #440
how are you dealing with marc2003's new developments?
Most of the breaking changes are documented (https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel/wiki/Breaking-Changes), so dealing with those is not that hard, unless, of course, your script does heavily rely on the removed\deperecated functionality.
All the other changes are usually documented in release changelogs.

Also only v2.+ of JScript utilizes new fb2k SDK, thus being the only option, if you want to fit more components before reaching the max component cap.

Reply #441
Most of the breaking changes are documented (https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel/wiki/Breaking-Changes), so dealing with those is not that hard, unless, of course, your script does heavily rely on the removed\deperecated functionality.
All the other changes are usually documented in release changelogs.
Yes, that's understood. What I'm asking is whether you resolved to follow marc2003 updates (or maybe one of the new updates, but not the latest) or if you are sticking with JScript panel v1.3.2.2.

Also only v2.+ of JScript utilizes new fb2k SDK, thus being the only option, if you want to fit more components before reaching the max component cap.
I didn't really get this: what are the limitations I have with previous JScript panel versions? And what is the max component cap?
I'm late

Reply #442
Yes, that's understood. What I'm asking is whether you resolved to follow marc2003 updates (or maybe one of the new updates, but not the latest) or if you are sticking with JScript panel v1.3.2.2.
Welp, to quote myself from CaTRoX release:
Added
  • Added compatibility fixes for vanilla JScript v2.0.0 component.
:D

@WilB migrated all his scripts to v2 as well.

I didn't really get this: what are the limitations I have with previous JScript panel versions? And what is the max component cap?
I have not researched it thoroughly, but from what I gathered:

Simplified description: potentially you can have no more than 128 components (actually less) that were build with static VC runtime (that is 99.9% of the components built with old fb2k SDK). Components with dynamic VC runtime do not count towards that limit (components built with new fb2k SDK usually use dynamic runtime).

Full description: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,110142.msg907834.htm

Reply #445
Since "JScript panel 2.01+" my "JS Smooth Playlist Manager" is not working any more.

Any ideas?

PS : Nice work!

Works! - Closed -

Reply #446
Please RETURN EnableMenuItem
This is an important function and other replacements are not convenient - THANKS!

Reply #447
Please RETURN EnableMenuItem
This is an important function and other replacements are not convenient - THANKS!
It was a needlessly duplicated method and it won't be coming back. See the discussion starting here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,110516.msg954181.html#msg954181

Reply #448
Is it possible that some (hopefully short!) time in the future that we could use Lodash v 4.17.5 libraries with our scripts?

Reply #449
Is it possible that some (hopefully short!) time in the future that we could use Lodash v 4.17.5 libraries with our scripts?
But we can? =)
E.g. my theme uses it. For full v4.17.5 support you only need enabled Chakra engine + SetTimeout/SetInterval shims.
Of course all your scripts need to be updated to reflect lodash changes (since there are incompatibilities with v3.10.2 that is used in marc2003 samples).