Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows Media Player and 5.1 (Read 2917 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows Media Player and 5.1

I'm a very basic user and need some guidance ... I have a WXP, Audigy, DT2200 5.1, AIW 8500DV set up.

I have a very simpel question ... I want to get 5 speaker sound from Windows Media Player (centre speaker sound seems to be missing), but can't at the moment. Works fine using PowerDVD.

Can anyone tell me exactly what to do?

Reply #1
Uhm, care about telling details? Like what exactly you're trying to do? Like playing a DVD. If this is the case, it's all related to your DVD player installed. If you have PowerDVD installed, and play a DVD back on WMP, it will use the PowerDVD filters and the settings you made in PowerDVD.

If it's something else you try, please tell it.

And oh, no player is going to magically play a stereo track on 5.1 speakers.

Reply #2
I'm trying trial DVDs to make sure they provide the rtight sound using the different players. I'm actually using Shrek as my test DVD. I get all sounds from all speakers using PowerDVD but then when I try using WMP I don't get centre speaker sound. That's my issue. (If the PowerDVD settings are used by WMP how come it doesn't work ...?)

P.S. Shrek definitely has 5.1.

Reply #3
Hmmmm, WMP should allow you to call the properties of the plugins. At least mine can (its 9 beta tho). Do you have only PowerDVD installed, or other DVD players too?