Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Icons in Windows 7 Explorer rightclick context menu? (Read 2713 times) previous topic - next topic

Icons in Windows 7 Explorer rightclick context menu?

Is it possible to display icons besides Foobar2000's context menu entries in Windows 7 Explorer's rightclick menu? For other applications it's as easy as adding a "Icon=blah.exe" string in the application's HKCR\Directory\Shell\ entry. With Foobar2000 however it won't work. I've also tried various other keys in the registry, but no icons will show up for FB2K.

For reference, this is what I mean:

Reply #1
Have you tried NirSoft's ShellExView and ShellMenuView? Maybe one of these can do what you want.

Reply #2
Is it possible to display icons besides Foobar2000's context menu entries in Windows 7 Explorer's rightclick menu? ...

This should be a standard in programms of the new millennium.
foobar2000 would be more usable and menues are more clear with icons, less searching required.
But it seems foobar2000 stands still in the look of Windows 1.0
Every free player has a better "look and feel" in menues.

Sorry, but this must be said. 
Now you can stone me to death, menue-designer of yesterday!

Reply #3
Now you can stone me to death, menue-designer of yesterday!

Get over yourself. I highly doubt that any developer cares about your irrelevant invocation of other players; never mind caring enough to “stone [you] to death”, whatever that means.

Even more irrelevant, and thus unlikely to help your case, is this:

it seems foobar2000 stands still in the look of Windows 1.0

Really?

No.

I’m not saying the idea is bad, but as usual, it’s Peter’s decision whether to consider it—and you don’t help your case by presenting your complaints in such an exaggerated and silly way.

Reply #4
If the developers of foobar2000 decided to implement this to suit the icon-image fans, I would like an option to OPT OUT.
I still use Windows XP in classic view with default blue desktop and I prefer text based menu systems and I hate distracting memory-hogging eye-candy.
The default right click menu of XP is blinding fast because it DOES NOT have icons for every context menu entry and I want it to stay that way.

Reply #5
As I said, I'm fine with adding icons manually, since it's usually just one string value in the registry - don't want to bother other people who are opposed to it. Just wondering why it doesn't work for FB2K.

Reply #6
if you're still on XP and your computer slows down when displaying a few icons, you have bigger issues lol