Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library filter hotkey? (Read 1052 times) previous topic - next topic

Library filter hotkey?

I use Default UI, and the most useful feature for me is the library filter where I can quickly find what I need. The only drawback is that I cannot find a shortcut to quick access that filter. Yes, I can assign the shortcut to Library / Album List which brings focus the Album List, but then I need to use Tab key to go further to the filter. I can also use Library / Search, but it doesn't work with the folder structure view. Could there be a direct solution I missed, or maybe a workaround using, e.g., AutoHotKey script?

Re: Library filter hotkey?

Reply #1
Ok, since no one answered, I had to dig into AutoHotKey scripting by myself ;) , and after a while, I found that the solution to my problem is as simple as this:

#IfWinActive, ahk_class {97E27FAA-C0B3-4b8e-A693-ED7881E99FC1}
^d::ControlFocus, Edit1
Return

Reply #2
Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Add new -> [main] -> Library -> Search -> (choose the key of your choice, mine is just Alt+S). Or if I am mistaken of what you want to achieve and you need to see the tree of Library, after "[main} -> Library" you should go to "Album list". You can tick "Global Hotkey" so it will be available at any time when OS is running.

Reply #3
No, I was willing to put focus neither on Library->Search, nor on Library->Album List. I wanted a hotkey to put focus on that little filter under the Album List (in Default UI). No shortcut possibility is provided for that. But with AutoHotKey I can now get a shortcut to put a focus on any element of foobar2k ;)