Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: seekbar does not show progress time when (Read 1432 times) previous topic - next topic

seekbar does not show progress time when

Hovering mouse over the seekbar does not display progression time.

But moving mouse, keeping left mouse button pushed down on the seekbar, displays progression time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOuSu_NEJQc

Is there a foobar configuration or component such that
 just hovering over the seekbar (mouse button is not pushed down)
 always shows progression time ?

Re: seekbar does not show progress time when

Reply #1
I don't know if waveform seekbar does it, but you should try it anyway. Ik shows a graphical representation of the file so you can set it exactly at the point you like by looking at the waveform. Maybe that works even better for you?

Reply #2
Waveform seekbar does not work either. I've been using it, and tested it.
In fact waveform seekbar only changes appearnce - from plain gray line to waveform.
I agree that waveform seekbar is helpful to find favorite part. But I think it is not enough.

Basically it's too hard to know progression time of a point(mouse cursor)

Maybe devlopers of the software can solve the problem easily!

Reply #3
I have a few seekbar scripts included with the JScript Panel component. They show the time when hovering anywhere over the seekbar.

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/wiki/Requirements-&-Installation

After following the instructions and adding a panel to your layout, check these scripts...

samples\basic\Themed Seek Bar.txt
samples\complete\seekbar.txt (you can customise the colours near the top)
samples\complete\track info + seekbar + buttons.txt

Reply #4
Would be a nice option to make faint vertical lines (VLC style) so you can see a line every minute and a faint line every 10 seconds. That would help a lot I guess.