Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback statistics, Show recently played - shows nothing (Read 2457 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback statistics, Show recently played - shows nothing

foo_playcount doesn't work for me. Using foobar2000 v1.1.10

Reply #1
Are you expecting any sort of valid troubleshooting assistance? Should we guess whether you are having the exact same issue as what you quoted from 6 months ago? Here is some help offered with an effort to match the level of thought you gave to your post.   
foo_playcount  works for me

Maybe you could provide more detail?

Reply #2
As was pointed out in post #2, foo_playcount is not a “3rd Party Plugin”. It is developed by Peter, the author of foobar2000. This thread has been moved to Support, the correct location for topics regarding apparent problems with the main application and official components.

Reply #3
Are you expecting any sort of valid troubleshooting assistance? Should we guess whether you are having the exact same issue as what you quoted from 6 months ago? Here is some help offered with an effort to match the level of thought you gave to your post.   
foo_playcount  works for me

Maybe you could provide more detail?

Well im running Win 7 64. Other than that if i go to Library --> Playback statistics --> Show recently played, it shows nothing and it's empty no matter how many tracks i've played.

Reply #4
1. Make sure that Library -> Playback Statistics -> Monitor playing tracks is checked.
2. Are these files in fb2k library?

Reply #5
1. Make sure that Library -> Playback Statistics -> Monitor playing tracks is checked.
2. Are these files in fb2k library?

1. Already checked
2. If you mean the dll file it's in the components dir of fb2k. The files/tracks are on another drive.

Reply #6
I mean that the tracks should be in monitored folders. Open Preferences -> Media Library and add folder(s) with audio files to the library.

Reply #7
This thread now has a new OP since his problem has nothing to do with with his original quoted text and has been cut off to it's own thread. At the risk of being pedantic, I would like to ask the OP to at least skim read through the Forum rules posted at the top of this thread. There is also a link to a nice big sticky post that could be read.  If the poster would consider letting us know what version of foo_playcount is being used we all may avoid chasing about empty rabbit holes. The component has changed quite a bit over time and if using the newest version, chasing about library issue might be pointless, YMMV:
Starting from version 3.0, collection of playback statistics is no longer restricted to your Media Library content. You can use this component without using Media Library at all, however, you should keep your non-ML music referenced from a playlist for foobar2000 to maintain the statistics.

EDIT: could you confirm that the tracks you are testing are playing until completion of track or the minimum 60 seconds needed to register as played?

Reply #8
I mean that the tracks should be in monitored folders. Open Preferences -> Media Library and add folder(s) with audio files to the library.

Thanks it works, well sorta. It only lists the last tracks i've played if i played them for a certain amount of time like one minute or something? If i switch them fast or just browsing between the tracks it won't show up in the recently played list at all.

Reply #9
^^^^^one post up^^^^you are seeing the behavior of the component as designed

Reply #10
^^^^^one post up^^^^you are seeing the behavior of the component as designed

Ooops sorry! I must be blind as usual

Can i change that 60 seconds mark to for example 1 second?

Reply #11
No, only the developer of the component.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10