Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to point .fpl to new drive address (Read 994 times) previous topic - next topic

How to point .fpl to new drive address

Hi,

Just replaced an old Win 10 32 bit with new Win 10 64 bit. My music library is now D: drive rather C: on the old machine. I can play from my library but the path for the playlists created on the old machine still show C: drive. How do I point the load playlist command to the D: address?

Thanks,
thelonius

Re: How to point .fpl to new drive address

Reply #2
Thanks for the prompt response. I downloaded the .dll and put in the C:\Program Files (X86)\Foobar2000 folder. Restarted fb2k but no revive menu entry under Edit or Preferences. When I load a playlist and play I get this for every track e.g. -

'Unable to open item for playback (Object not found):
"C:\Media\Music\CD Library\Jazz\Modern Jazz Quartet\A Celebration\Modern Jazz Quartet-Cherokee (Indian Love Song).mp3" '

What am I doing wrong? Would appreciate any help you can give. PS I am running v1.4.3, recently downloaded for the new machine.

thelonius

Reply #3
Install the component via the File/Preferences/Components page. Either by drag and dropping it to that window or by using the Install button. Then you should have the menu options mentioned in the linked forum post.

Reply #4
It worked! Thanks.