Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Relink playlist to files stored under different drive letter? (Read 4335 times) previous topic - next topic

Relink playlist to files stored under different drive letter?

Hello.
I installed a new hdd and installed windows on new SSD.
The drive with my music Is now drive H instead of E as it was before the hdd changes and windows instillation.
I Installed Foobar on my new OS drive and transferred my foobar profile folder to the new OS drive, So all my settings are as was before, Including all my playlist so I wont need
to organize all my music from scratch.

Now foobar won't find the files and give me an error: Unable to open item for playback (Object not found).
Is there a way to relink the playlist to the music now stored in the same drive but with different letter?

Thanks.

Reply #1
if you, for whatever reason, don't want to change the drive letter: foo_playlist_revive

Reply #2
foo_playlist_revive?

Of course, if you used the media library instead, it could re-link everything for you.

Edit: posting in old tab = slow-motion-ninja’d by ruebeman

Reply #3
Where is  foo_playlist_revive?

And what is media libary?
Should I use it?

thanks guys

Reply #4
Found it

Reply #5
Where is  foo_playlist_revive?
Notice now that my mention of its name was a hyperlink.

And what is media libary?
Start here – http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...s:Media_Library – and read around for other answers to similarly basic questions.

Should I use it?
If you decide that it has something to offer you.

Reply #6
Thanks!

Reply #7
SO I add the drive all the music are into the media libary
and its say monitoring.
Than I try the revive playlist thing and only a small part of my music restored.
I get this :
Tracks that fail to update due to no or multiple candidates are selected in the playlist. Please make sure your media files have been scanned into the media library.

I checked that path of some files and they are correct
So for what reason I can't restore the all the music.

Reply #8
The drive with my music Is now drive H instead of E as it was before the hdd changes and windows instillation.
Is there a way to relink the playlist to the music now stored in the same drive but with different letter?

File > Save playlist... : save as .m3u
(or Shift + File > Save all playlists...)

Open .m3u file with Notepad, use Edit > Replace to automatically replace all instances of E:\ with H:\

Reload .m3u into fb2k

Reply #9
It Works! Thank you!!!!!