Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: from on APE file to several MP3/4 files with cue (Read 3793 times) previous topic - next topic

from on APE file to several MP3/4 files with cue

Hi!

I have a CD converted to APE as one CD image. I also have a CUE file wich includes all the tracks names and playtime. I can't find a proper converter tha would convert the APE file to several MP3/4 (iPOD) files.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Fancois

Reply #1
Hi!

I have a CD converted to APE as one CD image. I also have a CUE file wich includes all the tracks names and playtime. I can't find a proper converter tha would convert the APE file to several MP3/4 (iPOD) files.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Fancois
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343449"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Foobar 2000 will do this with ease and many other things.

Reply #2
Damn, didn't get a chance to do my "You can use the most awesome program ever!!!, it does everything except rinse your contact lenses (and i'm not so sure)!!!" bit first.

But still, Foobar2000 with iTunesEncode.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #3
Damn, didn't get a chance to do my "You can use the most awesome program ever!!!, it does everything except rinse your contact lenses (and i'm not so sure)!!!" bit first.

But still, Foobar2000 with iTunesEncode.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343455"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That doesn't do the trick. Foobar2000 is only a player not an encoder...
Any other ideas?

Thanks

Reply #4
Foobar2000 has an excellent transcoding feature that uses external encoders to transcode almost anything to anything. I convert my WavPack images to AAC, MP3, etc. with foobar's Convert funtion.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #5
Yeah, what ^ said.  I have ALL of my original CD's in single FLAC/.cue format.  I listen on the computer with the lossless and convert to lossy using the diskwriter module in Foobar.  Whether that lossy is .mp3, .m4a, .mpc or .ogg is of no concern as the diskwriter will handle anything on the commandline.

Reply #6
Yeah, what ^ said.  I have ALL of my original CD's in single FLAC/.cue format.  I listen on the computer with the lossless and convert to lossy using the diskwriter module in Foobar.  Whether that lossy is .mp3, .m4a, .mpc or .ogg is of no concern as the diskwriter will handle anything on the commandline.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343620"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK. I found how to convert (I missed the right-click). Not how to use itunesencode though...
were do I find it?
how do I install that in foobar?
Thanks for some help!

Reply #7

OK. I found how to convert (I missed the right-click). Not how to use itunesencode though...
were do I find it?
Thanks for some help!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344218"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do a search on here (HA) for "iTunesEncode46.zip".  It'll have all of the instructions inside the readme.

Reply #8

were do I find it?
Thanks for some help!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344218"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do a search on here (HA) for "iTunesEncode46.zip".  It'll have all of the instructions inside the readme.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344219"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

found the readme file. Can't say I understand its content though...
Why can't I code to MP3 at 320k/s? with foobar?
Why do I need to check the vbr to get the conversion to work? I get an error message
Error writing to file (Generic Error) : file://C:\Music\APE\Debussy Piano Works Vol1 Jean-Yves Thibaudet Eac Ape\001 E__Wav_EAC_CDImage.mp3