Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "--strictly-enforce-ISO" a bad thing to add? (Read 4496 times) previous topic - next topic

"--strictly-enforce-ISO" a bad thing to add?

Hi all,

I was wondering if "--strictly-enforce-ISO" would hurt quality for any of the "--alt-presets"?  I have a crappy memorex mp3 portable cd-player that seems to have trouble with mp3 playback.  I'm sure it's the mp3 player's own fault, but minimizing issues might help cut down on the squelches and skips.

mp3

Reply #1
I think it would be a very bad thing...

Reply #2
I have a crappy genica-based player too.

First thing to make sure is that you're burning in ISO9660, Mode 1. Then check things about the MP3's if making sure of the above doesn't help.

Reply #3
Many older players will not play frames with bitrates above 224 kbps. Could not check this for your player however. So I guess you could try to encode in cbr mode. (-B 224 seems to be a bad idea in VBR files)

Reply #4
You may also check for ID3 Tags (especially ID3v2) - for some players may not play at all TAGged content.

Reply #5
Ooops,

Sorry, wrong company name.  I use it for work, so I rarely look at the player anymore.  It's made by Koss.  It's a real piece of shit.  They should recall the product as other people have complained about their mp3s messing up. 

Oh well
mp3fan

Reply #6
Really, read thru the instructions. I had pops and squelches on the MpTrip and they were totally fixed by burning in Mode 1 rather than useless/shit Mode 2/XA.