Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp 2.92 out! (Read 19720 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #25
Here is v1.34:

http://firehose.net/~christophe/in_vorbis.dll

The tag writing is fixed on all the OGG files I've tried it on. Sometimes it's even gonna make the ogg files SMALLER. That's because it re-paginates the ogg stream in a more efficient way.

So test it and report back. AND QUIT WHINING 

-Christophe

Can FB2k also make Ogg Vorbis files smaller?

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #26

Here is v1.34:

The tag writing is fixed on all the OGG files I've tried it on. Sometimes it's even gonna make the ogg files SMALLER. That's because it re-paginates the ogg stream in a more efficient way.

-Christophe

More efficient way. Yeah sure, and they SEEK SLOWER and USE MORE MEMORY too!

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #28
Things like this are ALWAYS available at www.chip.de .  They have many servers. 
BTW, the latest Shareaza beta 1.8.9  includes full eDonkey and eMule access as an option.
Are all certain there's no AOL malware or nastyware (other than gd icons) hidden inside? The CD ripping  is something I'm having doubts about...   

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #29
AOL icons... big deal... I have trash icon and I know that there is a feature in my Windows called "Ctrl+Left Mouse Click" which allows me to select many items at once and "drag'n'drop" into "Recycle Bin" (or I saw some people put .vbs file instead of recycle can on their desktops and shred files to unrecoverable state [that's only if you have AOL that much  ]). {but WinAMP was always nice to me since it allowed me just not to install any of the AOL crap at all}.

I don't have vest , I know it is useful to have one in the f2k world, but I don't.  f2k is a nice player and I use it to play mpc, ape, flac files, but unless I get time slider in main interface I can't use it as full WinAMP replacement. I don't know how about you, but it appeared that I use this slider more than I thought before (that what I have found out when I decided to associate all supported media types to f2k). Soundwise sometimes it seems that f2k is cleaner in playing Audio CDs compared to other players, however I'm not sure that it does apply resampling routines to cda stuff.

Shareaza is a nice program, but I guess authors need to spend some time writing a help file, since even a sophisticated "user" as I am, I have no clue about many of its settings in the network part of the settings menus.
My endian is bigger than yours.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #30
here's a mirror Winamp 2.92 Full
this account should have unlimted bandwidth so feel free
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"We will restore chaos"-Bush on Iraq[/span]

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #31
i go for the stanadard version as it just adds WMA support which i have no use for
Chaintech AV-710

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #32
f2k is a nice player and I use it to play mpc, ape, flac files, but unless I get time slider in main interface I can't use it as full WinAMP replacement.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I can't resist... Surge, this is for you:

More in foobarlooks

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #33
sheesh! 

Why everytime any thread relate to Winamp end up with foobar 

I had enough foobar propaganda 

/edit

REMOVE WINAMP 2.92 LEAK LINK
still LAME 3.96.1 --preset extreme -q 0 -V 0 -m s at least until 2005.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #34
AngelGR

Thank you very much for information!!! I didn't know that there was this skinning thing... Downloaded and use it now
My endian is bigger than yours.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #35
also 5 vs 2mb... Do you care? 512Mb DDR333 costs $50 USD (anyway here in Canada). Even if it took 128mb it is not a big deal, the main thing it should load faster and f2k is "still" faster, but as it gets more "features" I think it will be "comparable" to winamp.

I agree entirely, Surge, and I'm a foobar zealot. I only use Winamp for AVS now. I'm not entirely certain fb2k wins the faster/smaller award; there have been tests that show wins by both. Winamp still has some features fb2k lacks, like real shuffle play  and visualizations. I just like the fact that foobar's focus is audio quality and good design. Everything else sort of follows from that nicely, IMO.

@Mgz: Sorry for more propaganda. Just trying to help balance things out a little.  The thing is though: It isn't propaganda when it's true!

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #36

Here is v1.34:

-Christophe

Can FB2k also make Ogg Vorbis files smaller?

Be careful when making files smaller - in_vorbis v 1.34 may still have a tagging bug.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #37
Why everytime any thread relate to Winamp end up with foobar   

The comparison is inevitable. It's reciprocal. And it's good.
I had enough foobar propaganda

Try to be positive, and smile. That's information. I'd call it "propaganda" if I'd try to show a feature of foobar with false or partial facts. But that's a true one. And of course you can use other player, I don't worry if foobar has one more user and Winamp a less one.

And the most important:

Thank you very much for information!!! I didn't know that there was this skinning thing... Downloaded and use it now 

It seems that HE find the information useful. 
Sorry again for the off-topic.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #38
why did they put mp4/aac decoding in the mp3 plugin? dont understand that...
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #39

there is no mp4 decoding, only mpeg2-lc aac with adts header is supported
the plugin is called mpeg audio decoder, aac fits into that description imho

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #40
Looks like this version is buggy. That might be the reason that it is not officially released yet.

If you have the playlist opened, but windowshaded, go to another program, and then restore to normal size, it doesn't draw it correctly the first time, and the second time, it rezises it to minimum size. Quite annoying.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #41

According to the rumours, for Shoutcast

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #42
Anyone knows why there is no Ogg Vorbis support in Shoutcast?

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #43

Because AOL has chosen to go with AAC.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #44

Because AOL has chosen to go with AAC.

I think that I don`t have to write things about evil companies (evil speculations against AOL :>) which for $ choose not really better, but paid one, format (AAC) instead of good, free one (Ogg Vorbis).

Now zealots like me have next thing to promote: first Ogg Vorbis, then Jabber, now Icecast2...

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #45
,Jun 14 2003 - 06:00 PM] Looks like this version is buggy. That might be the reason that it is not officially released yet.

Well, on the official Winamp forums they said that this version should only be considered as Winamp 2.92 RC1, not as Winamp 2.92 Final.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #46
I think that I don`t have to write things about evil companies (evil speculations against AOL :>) which for $ choose not really better, but paid one, format (AAC) instead of good, free one (Ogg Vorbis).

You wold go the same way as Neo Neko. That isn't a very healthy behaviour in this forum. 

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #47
I got this one from Nullsoft forums

There has been a rash of leaks of beta versions of Winamp as of late. Please do not download or distribute leaked copies. These releases are only weeks away, you can all learn to be a little patient and get it when it's ready.

Also, to the person who keeps leaking these copies, if you keep this up, we WILL stop posting versions of the player and subsequently punish the entire beta team for your actions. I suggest that you start respecting the trust you earned to get on the beta team and keep builds to yourself.

Thank you,

-s

from
Steve Gedikian - steve@nullsoft.com
Llama Wrangler - Nullsoft, Inc. @ http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=...40&pagenumber=2

/me remove my mirrors to Winamp 2.92 leak from my post
still LAME 3.96.1 --preset extreme -q 0 -V 0 -m s at least until 2005.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #48
Damnit Mgz.  You beat me 

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #49
It's a shame, the CD ripper supports r3mix but doesn't supports --alt-presets. >_<