Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Masstag - guessing values from filename help (Read 2827 times) previous topic - next topic

Masstag - guessing values from filename help

I'm trying to tag files based on their file name. I've got them neatly organised like so...

%artist%\%date% - %album%\%tracknumber% - %title%

It correctly tags all the above fields but I'm trying to now tag the %totaltracks% field.

"Auto track number" works but only if I select one album at a time. How do you get it to tag many albums at once?

Reply #1
Make sure you have the current version of the masstagger component.
Auto track number prompts you for an album separation pattern and writes totaltracks accordingly.

You can also use auto track number in the properties dialog, which groups by folders by default.

Reply #2
Make sure you have the current version of the masstagger component.
Auto track number prompts you for an album separation pattern and writes totaltracks accordingly.

You can also use auto track number in the properties dialog, which groups by folders by default.

Hi, I tried auto track number on all tracks and it doesn't work by folders as you describe. I'm using the latest version (1.8.4).

I also tried using the album separation pattern. By feeding in the same pattern used before, as well as a few other things I've tried. But it doesn't work. It gives total tracks and track number as "1".

Reply #3
By feeding in the same pattern used before, (...)

Does that mean you have used your file name pattern, including %tracknumber% - %title%?
The point here is to enter a pattern that groups albums. Yours turns each track into its own album.

The default is %album%. You might want to use %album artist% %date% %album% to account for
albums that share the same name. Use $directory_path(%path%) to group by folders.

Reply #4
Does that mean you have used your file name pattern, including %tracknumber% - %title%?
The point here is to enter a pattern that groups albums. Yours turns each track into its own album.

Yes, but I tired lots of stuff as well.

Using %album% works great (I thought the default was blank). But only in a new script as opposed to a 2nd line after Guess tags from filename script.

$directory_path(%path%) is spot on, I will be using that one from now on so thanks for that.

Reply #5
Using %album% works great (I thought the default was blank).

You are right - %album% was left over from my earlier test runs.

But only in a new script as opposed to a 2nd line after Guess tags from filename script.

That would be a bug, thanks for pointing out.