Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simple RCA Stereo to Mono Mixer? (Read 6196 times) previous topic - next topic

Simple RCA Stereo to Mono Mixer?

Is there any simple RCA Stereo to RCA Mono Mixer for my sub? I can't go with simple Y-cable because it would introduce massive amount of distortion.

Reply #1
You can build one yourself. Here it is:
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

Reply #2
Is there any simple RCA Stereo to RCA Mono Mixer for my sub? I can't go with simple Y-cable because it would introduce massive amount of distortion.

Have you actually tried a Y-cable? Depending on the source this actually might work just fine. Most audio line out sources have a series resistor to protect the device, and this may give you a distortion-free mono signal when you short them together.

Reply #3
Have you actually tried a Y-cable? Depending on the source this actually might work just fine. Most audio line out sources have a series resistor to protect the device, and this may give you a distortion-free mono signal when you short them together.

Yes, it doesn't work.

Reply #4
There are some adapters at Radio Shack that might solve the problem.  Most are intended for 1/8" phono plug use, but could work:

Receiver > Stereo RCA cable-to-1/8 stereo plug > 1/8 stereo-to-mono adapter > 1/8 jack-to-RCA female adapter (you may have to make that yourself) > mono RCA interconnect to sub

A lot of junctions, but it shouldn't matter quality-wise for a sub.

Have you tried just running the right channel out to the sub?  You'd probably get most of the effect since lowest frequencies tend to be mixed more equally in the channels than higher frequencies.