Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools Profiles (Read 3326 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools Profiles

I just want to split my big FLAC into separated tracks according to provided CUE-file. Only that, nothing more.
I prefer to use command-line with /convert option.

As far as I understand "convert" - its just name of profile, which I can customize in CUETools AppData folder.
So, I start to customize "profile-convert.txt" file and got a pretty good result, expect one thing.
I can't suppress creation of cue-file.

I got separated tracks with CUEStyle=3
I suppress creation of two log-files (*.accurip and *.log)
But can't suppress creation of cue-file, even with OutputPathTemplate=.\
I got additional ".cue" file with such option. It's name literally ".cue"

So, there is a question. Is there any way to suppress creation of addition cue-file while splitting ?
Thanks in advance.

Re: CUETools Profiles

Reply #2
I don't know if you care whether the resulting files can be verified against AccurateRip, but if you do then in a small percentage of cases it's important to keep a cue. Off the top of my head it's discs with pregaps, one's that have hidden tracks in the disc pregap and those that have data elements, but I'd have to look over my workflow logic to confirm.

Reply #3
I don't know if you care whether the resulting files can be verified against AccurateRip, but if you do then in a small percentage of cases it's important to keep a cue. Off the top of my head it's discs with pregaps, one's that have hidden tracks in the disc pregap and those that have data elements, but I'd have to look over my workflow logic to confirm.

You're right indeed and it is rare. To give you an impression: during the years I have (retro) verified approx. 2500 CDs against AccurateRip, mostly without CUE sheet. The amount of discs that could not be verified because of the absence of it was less than 5. So I can understand the request.

Reply #4
You're right indeed and it is rare. To give you an impression: during the years I have (retro) verified approx. 2500 CDs against AccurateRip, mostly without CUE sheet. The amount of discs that could not be verified because of the absence of it was less than 5. So I can understand the request.
Did you actually try to verify the discs that you did have cue sheets for, without it?

I've ripped just over 1800 discs and need cue sheets for 294 of them, of which 268 were purely for discs with pregaps (it's more than I thought!).

With albums from artists including Bee Gees, David Bowie, Dire Straits, The Flaming Lips, Genesis, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Metallica, The Police, Radiohead and Stevie Wonder, and even the early UK releases of Now That's What I Call Music (up to number 35).

I think it was early on in the CD era, but I don't know if it was more prevalent in some regions than others.

Reply #5
of which 268 were purely for discs with pregaps (it's more than I thought!).
... how many of which were due to a pregap of 00:00.32?

(I caught many more with the AccurateRip ID. dBpoweramp writes those tags, and then CUETools can recognize the CD even without cuesheet.)

Reply #6
of which 268 were purely for discs with pregaps (it's more than I thought!).
... how many of which were due to a pregap of 00:00.32?
Code: [Select]
find . -name "*.cue" -print0 | xargs -0 grep -hoP "(?<=PREGAP ).*" | sort -n | uniq -c

00:00:03   1
00:00:05   2
00:00:10   1
00:00:15   1
00:00:17   1
00:00:25   1
00:00:32   149
00:00:33   93
00:00:37   9
00:00:47   1
00:00:49   1
00:00:50   1
00:01:00   5
00:02:00   1
02:18:14   1

I don't think I ever found out why pregaps even existed.

(I caught many more with the AccurateRip ID. dBpoweramp writes those tags, and then CUETools can recognize the CD even without cuesheet.)
CUETools may be able to use the AccurateRip ID's in the tags, but I doubt many of the other tools will, like MusicBrainz for instance, and probably most other tagging programs that look up album information based on the album layout (although I haven't actually tried it).

Reply #7
149 of 268. Not surprised.

CDs were originally intended to have 2 seconds gap between tracks (if you wanted continuous music, then the "index" separation was for that ...)  and so all tracks would have a two-seconds "index 0". If you would program a player to play, say, track 3 and then 5 and then 4, it would at the end of track 3 jump to track 1 index 1 (not index 0).

CUETools may be able to use the AccurateRip ID's in the tags, but I doubt many of the other tools will, like MusicBrainz for instance, and probably most other tagging programs that look up album information based on the album layout (although I haven't actually tried it).
I am not sure what tools will count track 1 index 0 at all if they use the table of contents. But if they do, you use CUETools to create a cuesheet with that pregap.

Reply #8
CDs were originally intended to have 2 seconds gap between tracks (if you wanted continuous music, then the "index" separation was for that ...)  and so all tracks would have a two-seconds "index 0". If you would program a player to play, say, track 3 and then 5 and then 4, it would at the end of track 3 jump to track 1 index 1 (not index 0).
Sorry, I meant why the extra (in addition to the 00:02:00 standard) pregaps e.g. 00:00:32

I am not sure what tools will count track 1 index 0 at all if they use the table of contents. But if they do, you use CUETools to create a cuesheet with that pregap.
In addition to cd number and track total, MusicBrainz takes into account the Track 1 pregap (150 + 32) when calculating the other track end positions (the third number in the sequence is the end position of the last track).

https://musicbrainz.org/cdtoc/u_sslJuUXWoA97ysj6H4Ca7P8yY-
Code: [Select]
1 10 206200 182 18835 41845 62797 83730 99997 123092 142990 160945 179345