Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opustags.exe? (Read 3820 times) previous topic - next topic

Opustags.exe?

Hello

Where I can find, how can I compile or can someone make opustags.exe?
https://github.com/fmang/opustags

The goal is to import tags from file, same way than "metaflac.exe --import-tags-from=Tags.txt" and "vorbiscomment.exe -a -c Tags.txt".

Long time ago, there was discussion about this same thing.
Do you remember what happened, @skamp or @Brazil2?

I have never compiled anything, so I probably need lots of help or a good and simple guide.

Or are there other similar Windows command line -tools I can use?

MOD edit: fix github link

Re: Opustags.exe?

Reply #1
According to the README, it requires a POSIX-compliant system so it won't work on Windows.

Reply #2
According to the README, it requires a POSIX-compliant system so it won't work on Windows.
I think it means that only compiling needs POSIX -system.
If so, I can use virtual machine.
Output should still be Windows compatible opustags.exe.

I still haven't found the solution to my first post, so any help or tips are welcome.
I read this forum sometimes and tell you if problem is solved.

Once again, the goal is to import tags to .opus -files from tags.txt -file, same way than ogg and flac does.
And with Windows command line.

Reply #3
You can build it using MSYS2 in the MSYS (Cygwin) environment, but you'll also have to build libogg from source.

Which I found out by building it myself. I think everything you need is included, but I haven't checked to see if it works.

Reply #4
Thanks @Octocontrabass
Now my problem is solved :)

For archiving purposes, this is what I have done.
If somebody knows better ways, you can tell it.
Especially, my importing tags from file -method might be "quick and dirty".

Flac to opus:
Code: [Select]
opusenc.exe --bitrate 256 --music --discard-comments --discard-pictures input.flac output.opus
opusenc.exe

Delete one tag from opus:
opustags.exe --in-place --delete ARTIST=Abc audio.opus
opustags.exe

Delete all tags from opus:
opustags.exe --in-place --delete-all audio.opus

Add one tag to opus:
opustags.exe --in-place --add ARTIST=Abc audio.opus

Edit one tag at opus:
opustags.exe --in-place --set ARTIST=Abc audio.opus

Add tags from file to opus:
type tags.txt | opustags.exe --in-place --set-all --raw audio.opus
type

Reply #5
You can build it using MSYS2 in the MSYS (Cygwin) environment, but you'll also have to build libogg from source. Which I found out by building it myself. I think everything you need is included, but I haven't checked to see if it works.

I tried to compile it myself, but failed - I simply haven't been using MSYS2/Cygwin/... a lot lately. The release posted above is 1.6 which is lacking some vital bug fixes and cover picture support.

=> Can anyone please post a Windows binary of the latest opustags.exe, ie. 1.8 or more recent?

Thanks!

Reply #6
The current version of opustags relies on at least two POSIX functions - getline() and mkstemps() - that haven't been implemented in Mingw-w64 yet, so I can't build a native Windows version under MSYS2.

I haven't yet tried building a Cygwin version under MSYS2...

Reply #7
The current version of opustags relies on at least two POSIX functions - getline() and mkstemps() - that haven't been implemented in Mingw-w64 yet, so I can't build a native Windows version under MSYS2. I haven't yet tried building a Cygwin version under MSYS2...

Right, I suspeced as much seeing how compilation failed. I guess a native Cygwin version could very well be possible (that's what I did with WebP because the MinGW version lacks some features), but I don't know when I'll have time to give it a try - so anyone, please be my guest :-)

In the meantime, I've added a bug ticket - even though no dev has to love or support Windows, it's an important platform nevertheless and not bing able to tag Opus files with the command line is a pity. https://github.com/fmang/opustags/issues/61

Reply #8
And here's the Cygwin version. Like last time, it required building libogg from source.

Reply #9
And here's the Cygwin version. Like last time, it required building libogg from source.

Great, thanks a lot! I I'll stumble upon any regressions I'll report back, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.