Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUERipper: how to rip just a few tracks? (Read 2775 times) previous topic - next topic

CUERipper: how to rip just a few tracks?

Hi there.

I've been trying to rip only a few tracks from CDs, but even selecting with the mouse only the tracks I want, CUERipper ends up ripping the entire CD.

Instead of using the "Abort" button to stop ripping after the intended track, is there any other better way to rip just the desired tracks?

Re: CUERipper: how to rip just a few tracks?

Reply #2
Ok, I got it.

Even so I still prefer the CUERipper, I won't change it for any other ones.

So I'll continue using my workaround: after ripping the desired track, I hit the "Abort" button. It's not ideal but, with proper care, it helps.

Thanks for the clarification!

Reply #3
Just a mention for others that read this thread: CUERipper doesn't tag the files until the CD has finished ripping so using 'abort' part way through, the files won't have metadata.
korth

Reply #4
This is very important.

I will no longer use "Abort" under these conditions. For fast and safe ripping of a few tracks, I stick with foobar2000.

Reply #5
This is very important.

I will no longer use "Abort" under these conditions. For fast and safe ripping of a few tracks, I stick with foobar2000.

AFAIK AccurateRip support was removed in Foobar2000 v1.5.5, from the release notes:
"Audio CD ripper: removed outdated AccurateRip support based on outdated specification.
Proper AccurateRip support will be restored in a future update.¨

I don´t know if it is restored in the meantime. Therefore I think it's better to use EAC instead.

Reply #6
The Windows ripper that was most focused on single tracks back in the day, was dBpoweramp, from the creator of AccurateRip. The free version would get you AccurateRip verification ... (at least back in the day when I ripped my collection. I used the paid version, though.)

Reply #7
@zordaz
@Porcus

Thank you for the information. According to this study, the best audio CD ripper - by the criteria most relevant to me - is really CUERipper, so I wouldn't mind ripping an entire CD just for the sake of one or two songs.

I've been testing cdrtfe, this software is very interesting and cool, but on some occasions it didn't work correctly when ripping. For everything else it has worked very well. Its interface vaguely resembles Easy CD Audio Converter and older versions (5.0 and 6.0) of the so-called Easy CD Creator. Unfortunately, cdrtfe duels with some CD/DVD burners, at least in my tests.

EAC is absurdly complex for my taste. CUERipper is just as competent, even though it is extremely simple.

Sorry about foobar2000. I wish I could concentrate all the tasks on it, but apparently I'll have to have a little more patience, which isn't the end of the world either.

Reply #8
Sorry about foobar2000. I wish I could concentrate all the tasks on it, but apparently I'll have to have a little more patience, which isn't the end of the world either.

You could try Fre:ac instead, which has offset and AccurateRip support nowadays. And also has a native Linux version, which makes it an interesting, albeit a rather unknown ripper.

Reply #9
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!