Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Are there command-line options to open in drag+drop mode? [Wishlist?] (Read 5870 times) previous topic - next topic

Are there command-line options to open in drag+drop mode? [Wishlist?]

I've associated .cue files to open with CUETools, but I usually use the drag+drop window. Best (for me) would be for the default action to
- Open CUETools with the drag+drop window if not already open,
and
- ADD the .cue to anything else in the drag+drop window if CUETools is already open.

Any way?

Reorganizing the items in the drag+drop window would also be A Good Thing ...
High Voltage socket-nose-avatar

Re: Are there command-line options to open in drag+drop mode? [Wishlist?]

Reply #1
Command-line support really hasn't developed with the rest of the program so no. It was a way to use 'Send to' in the Windows right-click context menu with some user interaction (command-line support was not intended for use in batch files).
http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools#Command_line_options
By associating the .cue file to open with CUETools you are basically using CUETools.exe <cuefilename> which will open the 'Hide browser' CUETools dialog window with the input file set to <cuefilename>. 

CUETools.exe /verify <cuefilename> and CUETools.exe /convert <cuefilename> each require a profile settings file in %appdata%\CUE Tools (or the sub-folder \CUE Tools if running as portable) or you will probably receive an error message such as "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when the profile isn't found.
Profile NameSettings Filename
verifyprofile-verify.txt
convertprofile-convert.txt
CUETools.exe /verify <cuefilename> will still only verify using AccurateRip (CTDB support was never added). Very few settings are configurable in the profile. A few you can change (on the AccurateRip tab) are
Verify > Write AccurateRip log
Verify > In source folder
Log file > Name format:
Log file > Verbose

CUETools.exe /convert <cuefilename> has more control in the profile.

And though I said command-line support was not intended for use in batch files you can create a batch file on the Windows desktop with a command such as
"C:\CUETools_2.1.7\"CUETools.exe /verify %1 or
"C:\CUETools_2.1.7\"CUETools.exe /convert %1
and drag'n'drop a .cue file onto the batch file on the desktop to run the command.
korth