Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 for mac (Read 108726 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 for mac

Reply #150
Hi everyone,

the mac app works fine so far, thanks.

To improve the client I would love to see the following new features:
  • Search function (f.e. you got a huuuuuge playlist > search a specific album or song)
  • Album cover view (to have list based on album covers to scroll through
  • Show current app version > When having the app opened > click on about > there should be a version somewhere

Other than that it would be nice to have a RSS feed on the homepage (changelog f.e.) to easily catch up with new deployed versions / updates.

Thanks guys and have a nice day.

Reply #151
One question, I am facing several crashes within the latest macOS version. Is there any place to drop crash logs?

Thanks

Reply #152
Is there any way to get a columns UI-like layout? Where you can load your whole library and it gets sorted by artist and album

Reply #154
PM one to Peter, as he's the only one who can help with that right now.

Reply #156
Hi, is there any chance of implementing Last.fm scrobbling? I kinda miss updating my listening history as I'm using the platform for ~15 years.
Apart from this detail, I'm glad there's fb2k for mac, thanks for all the work!

Reply #157
I'd also like to +1 Last.fm scrobbling. It's like the only thing preventing me from using fb2k for Mac full-time.

Reply #158
The mac app is working great on m1, using it to playback music from a NAS via SMB, thank you! Lastfm scrobbling would be greatly appreciated - that's the only other feature I use on foobar apart from what's already implemented (:

Reply #159
Good afternoon.

Thank you for the mac version. On my sound system it gives very good sound!

I use the mac mini connected to Naim Mu-so 2 to play files stored either on the internal ssd drive or on external hard drives connected to the mac mini via usb. Albums are put into foobar playlist window via drag'n'drop.

Originally I used the mac mini's connection to the Mu-so 2 via an optical cable. In the foobar, the built-out output was chosen. With this configuration, everything works with no problems.

Then I started using the connection to the Mu-so 2 via UPnP. Foobar has Mu-so 2 listed in UPnP devices, connection is no problem. In this case the sound is better, and I would like to use this option. However, there is an issue - from time to time playback stops. This usually happens in the second part or near the end of the album. When this happens, you can notice that the ball on the progress bar is slightly shaking. Pressing pause and play restores playback. Once restored, the album plays through to the end. This does not happen every time, maybe in one from two or three albums.

I have tried increasing or decreasing the buffer, it seems to make no difference, stops continue to happen.

I will be very glad if it is possible to eliminate this little bug. The sound is great!

Thanks.

Reply #160
Hello everyone,
I installed foobar2000 for mac v2.2.20 recently,
I want to find specific song, so I go to "Edit -> Find -> Find",
but the item always display gray and not working,
X

What should I do ?
Thank you everyone.

Reply #161
Hello everyone,
Never used that before but it does not work for me also. Maybe it is not implemented at all? Like keyboard shortcuts. It is developed by a single person as far as I know, so do not expect it to be without some features.

Reply #162
Hello happy FooMac people, I also made an acct. today just to say thank you very much!
Mini M1, OS 11.4, it's a dream!  No, it's real!  Thank you again! - devs and users!

Reply #163
Hello everyone,
Never used that before but it does not work for me also. Maybe it is not implemented at all? Like keyboard shortcuts. It is developed by a single person as far as I know, so do not expect it to be without some features.
I got it.
Thank you very much.

Reply #164
"foobar2000 quit unexpectedly" upon launch.. please help if you may. Thank you.

Reply #165
"foobar2000 quit unexpectedly" upon launch.. please help if you may. Thank you.
Thanks for the report.
Bug fixed in version 2.2.22, just released.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #166
When dragging/dropping my FLAC folders into FB2K for Mac, I noticed the app crashing without explanation.  I found that the cause was any folder that contained .zip files.  After moving the .zip files out of the FLAC directories, the media in them indexed properly, ignoring other files in the directories (.pdf, thumbs.db, etc.).

My FLACs are on a NAS server accessed by SMB.  I've been experimenting with the buffering settings to prevent playback errors over Wi-Fi.  I'm curious to know if FB2K is treating the files it sees at \Volume\<sharename> as local or remote from a "Playback/Buffering" settings standpoint.  I'm trying different playback and output buffer settings to try to eliminate dropouts.

Thanks, Peter!

Reply #168
Thanks for bringing Foobar2000 to Mac.
Just downloaded, can we use add-ons?
For example for ratings and iPod sync?

Thank you very much again.

Reply #169
No. What's in the app is what you get.

Reply #170
2. last fm scrobble support (doesn't even recognise the player)

As I'm mostly on macOS these days, I very much second this.
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #171
2. last fm scrobble support (doesn't even recognise the player)

As I'm mostly on macOS these days, I very much second this.

I think some additional basic functionality should be prioritized before we let companies know what music we like. Like a database, or search functions, or anything else really.

Reply #172
It does use a database, for individual playlists at least. foobar2000 for macOS is very much the same near-total-rewrite of the core code base as the mobile ports that followed it. Yes, followed it, because the macOS version was made as the lead-in to porting to iOS, then to Android. It was only revived for eventual public release with some pestering.

The new code base includes such niceties as every storage object, including playlists, and the media library where supported, being SQLite databases. Although some settings within the database are still binary objects, they're fairly easy to unpack, and the overall structure makes things considerably more transparent.

Not to mention that all these SQLite databases are disk backed, rather than being fully memory resident at all times. Great pains went into making this as performant as a fully memory based database, or at least decently close to what it was, without losing the gains of having all data disk resident and fairly failure tolerant.

At the worst, a few things have caused these databases to crash the player, and have led to more bug fixes and fault tolerance, mostly handled in testing rather than ending up in the hands of a wide audience and causing so much data loss. (One of these crashes was due to some software I was developing in a component to crash, and caused a corrupt SQLite database. This was fixed with a database repair pass.)

The various things haven't been seeing as much love as some people might hope, mainly because Peter can only work on one major task at a time, or else I assume he gets too burned out, or distracted by work load. Let's not forget he also has primary tasks involving work for dbPowerAmp's Spoon. Those are the things that pay the bills directly. Oh, and a wife and kids and various pets to contend with. That's no small job, either.

Even I don't get a response from either Spoon or Peter that quickly, or at all sometimes. Yes, I realize they're both super busy people. And maybe I've earned their ire for being a 6 month hire who didn't live up to expectations.

Reply #174
This cue sheet consistently crashes the player, and loading it also gets the player stuck in a crash on startup loop, because it saves the fact it was trying to play the file, and tries to play it again on restart.

Code: [Select]
FILE "rmr.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 03:55:07
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 06:26:60
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 13:28:13
  TRACK 05 AUDIO