Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg TCP/IP like Skype (Read 2371 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg TCP/IP like Skype

Hello all,

I'm an University Student, I want use Ogg development onlinephone, just

like Skype.

(TCP/IP,C++)

one Server, two Clients users: A,B.

When A,B user successful connect to Server. they can Voice Chat.

However, I do not know how to do so OGG support.

Please help me.

sorry,my English so bad!!

Ogg TCP/IP like Skype

Reply #1
The Ogg bitstream APIs are written in C and the documentation covers that as well. I don't know how you would port those over to C++. If you are hard pressed to find any API's on the internet (There are countless VOIP and Telephony applications written for Linux that can do this that are open source) you may want to download there source code to get some idea. If you are hard pressed to find anything you might want to read the Ogg programming documentation.  Your best best would be to use Speex encapsulated in an Ogg container.

Ogg bitstream documentation:

http://xiph.org/ogg/doc/

Speex (IP Telephony/Video Conferencing Applications):

http://speex.org/software/
budding I.T professional

Ogg TCP/IP like Skype

Reply #2
A very simple implementation would just have client A (B) open a TCP socket to the server, which would just forward any I/O to B (A). The clients then just write OGG streams into their sockets instead of files (there is no fundamental difference). The OS usually provides the necessary abstraction to treat a socket just like the end of a tube. This simple setup could even pipe to and from a command line encoder. But I somehow got the feeling, that you aren't that "far", yet (let alone OGG support)...

Ogg TCP/IP like Skype

Reply #3
for voice chat, I'd prefer speex IMHO.
Sorry for my English.