Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Led Zeppelin Remasters (Read 6058 times) previous topic - next topic

Led Zeppelin Remasters

So, I'm confused. I remember reading a review for Led Zeppelin's Mothership and they were talking about the songs sounding great remastered. I haven't picked it up yet, but I was wondering if Jimmy Page has remastered (or is remastering) the entire Led Zeppelin catalogue again, or if the last remasters (Atlantic CDs 826xx) are the ones on Mothership.

Led Zeppelin Remasters

Reply #1
So, I'm confused. I remember reading a review for Led Zeppelin's Mothership and they were talking about the songs sounding great remastered. I haven't picked it up yet, but I was wondering if Jimmy Page has remastered (or is remastering) the entire Led Zeppelin catalogue again, or if the last remasters (Atlantic CDs 826xx) are the ones on Mothership.

Mothership was remastered  by Page in 2007, I believe, and the remastering was and is different from the early 90's remasters done with George Marino. 

I have also read about rumors on the Led Zep website that Page is remastering the entire catalog for re-release, but not anything about when the re-releases will occur. 

There are also new releases of the Zep albums on SHM-CD, but that is another thread topic right now - those releases are the early 90's remasters.

If you get Mothership, I'd be curious to see what you think of the remastering this time.  I didn't think it was terrible, but it is pretty in-your-face.  In some ways, I still prefer the original 80's CD releases; they sound like I think Zep should sound - more like the LP's.

Led Zeppelin Remasters

Reply #2
If you get Mothership, I'd be curious to see what you think of the remastering this time.  I didn't think it was terrible, but it is pretty in-your-face.  In some ways, I still prefer the original 80's CD releases; they sound like I think Zep should sound - more like the LP's.

If I get Mothership I'll let you know. I never really planned on it as I'm more of an album-oriented chap. I try to have as few greatest hits albums as possible (unless, of course, the band is really only the singles type and have a lot of crappy filler on their albums).

Led Zeppelin Remasters

Reply #3
I dig Mothership slightly more than Remasters