Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC for simple CD copy (Read 4790 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC for simple CD copy

Hi,

I have some scratched up CDs that won't copy correctly with Plextool's "on the fly insert source/insert destination" CD copy program.

I was hoping to use EAC V0.95 prebeta 5 to rip to an image + cue sheet (this works fine) and subsequently burn to a CD. 

Problems:

1. Neither Plextools Prof. V 2.18 nor Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 will recognize my EAC generated image as an image; no image, no burn.

2.  EAC doesn't seem to like my Plextor PX-712UF as a burner.  I decided to stop trying after the second coaster

I think that a CD copy should be way less complicated than a "rip to wave, encode to MP3/FLAC/etc" which makes it all the more frustrating.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Z

EAC for simple CD copy

Reply #1
You should have no problem burning an image unless you are creating a non-compliant cue sheet. 

You may want to try www.burrrn.net
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

EAC for simple CD copy

Reply #2
You should have no problem burning an image unless you are creating a non-compliant cue sheet. 

You may want to try www.burrrn.net
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294571"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm Confused.  Does EAC give an option to generate compliant or non-compliant cue sheets? I just used "copy image and create CUE sheet --> uncompressed".

The 2 output files from EAC are identified in Explorer as file types "CUE file and WAV file".

Roxio won't recognize the WAV file (although it does "see" the cue sheet) and Plextools is looking for Image files (*.pxi) or ISO image files (*.iso).

Z

EAC for simple CD copy

Reply #3
A non compliant cue has to do with how gaps are handled.

The cue and wave are the image files.

I think you should give www.burrrn.net or www.burnatonce.com a look.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

EAC for simple CD copy

Reply #4
If it's that much of a problem you can rip to individual WAV files.  Since you're not compressing (to a format which crops/adds samples) you will not be losing anything.  You could also try Burrrn (already mentioned), Nero, or CDRWIN to write CUE images.

EAC for simple CD copy

Reply #5
I do this all the time - rip with EAC, drag and drop the cue sheet onto Burrrn, and burn your CD.

EAC for simple CD copy

Reply #6
I was hoping to use EAC V0.95 prebeta 5 to rip to an image + cue sheet (this works fine) and subsequently burn to a CD.

<snip>

2.  EAC doesn't seem to like my Plextor PX-712UF as a burner.  I decided to stop trying after the second coaster

If you upgrade to 0.95b2 with CDRDAO you should be able to burn in EAC.  With 0.95b2 you may not even need to use CDRDAO as the engine as EAC may now support your 712 natively.

There's no reason why not to use burrrn as others have suggested though.

what is the best way to remove scratches off of blank cds? can someone please help me?

Cock.

Edit: Damn, I've just noticed the dates on the rest of the thread.  Double cock.  I really must get myself a Denial Of Service tool...
I'm on a horse.

EAC for simple CD copy

Reply #7
With 0.95b2 you may not even need to use CDRDAO as the engine as EAC may now support your 712 natively.
Do you know if there is a list somewhere of natively supported drives in EAC 0.95b2?