Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ALBW Files Invalid (Read 2636 times) previous topic - next topic

ALBW Files Invalid

Hi,

I have downloaded several files that claim to be _ALBW files.  I have tried both AlbumWrap Extractor and Alba to try and un-wrap them.  Each one claims the file is not a valid AlbumWrap file.

Does anyone know why this is?  Is there another un-wrap utility to un-wrap them?

It is extemely agravating.

Woody

ALBW Files Invalid

Reply #1
i was having the same problem
i tried some tools that claim to be able to extract broken albumwrap files. but they didn't work... so i downloaded the cue sheet of the wrapped album with the help of cue master wich can search freedb for cuesheets, and is free.
or you can search cue sheet heaven for the cuesheet. with it's help it shouldn't be a problem splitting the album

fifo

ALBW Files Invalid

Reply #2
There are programs that can split "broken" albumwrap files. One fo them beeing mp3splt.