Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491880 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #800
What this mean?

Code: [Select]
Could not update tags (tracks with overridden meta are not editable) on:
"www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_artist=Tiffany&fb2k_title=It%27s+The+Lover&v=3NF__yn8tp0"

I have 'Youtube Radio' which writes tags, then 'Auto Tag' script colects genre tags from Last.fm, and overrides tags again..
Seems that tags cant be updated after they are changed once.. Is something broken, or this is intended?

Thanks..

Reply #801
Thanks for your hard work and quick responses on this, 3dyd! This plugin has been an excellent tool for me.  :D

Reply #802
@mire777

Tracks with metadata overriding are special. It is possible for them to coexist with regular tracks without metadata overlapping. I.e. in playlist can exist several tracks pointing to the same clip: one with regular metadata mechanism (clip properties mapping / clip title parsing rule / user metadata) and the others with different sets of overridden metadata. So each of them will have its own metadata and they all will share properties cache (description, view count etc).

I'm not sure what to do in case of metadata modifications for these tracks. So this is just forbidden.

Reply #803
@mire777

Tracks with metadata overriding are special. It is possible for them to coexist with regular tracks without metadata overlapping. I.e. in playlist can exist several tracks pointing to the same clip: one with regular metadata mechanism (clip properties mapping / clip title parsing rule / user metadata) and the others with different sets of overridden metadata. So each of them will have its own metadata and they all will share properties cache (description, view count etc).

I'm not sure what to do in case of metadata modifications for these tracks. So this is just forbidden.

Im not sure that i understand you corectly.
In previous version this works fine..

If you have this link: youtube.com/watch?v=zaAzhK-hUT4

Original title are: Victoria Beckham - The Hustla

modified metadata are:

Custom Artist are: Victoria Beckham
Custom Title are: The Hustla
Custom genre: pop/female vocalists/british/dance/Spice Girls

Then when you search again, you receive same link: youtube.com/watch?v=zaAzhK-hUT4

I think that now metadata should just be updated for both tracks in playlist, to match already modified metadata by user.
All tracks with same link should be updated with same metadata. That's the same tracks.. Why forbiden this?

You change one track, then every single track with same link should be updated also..

That's duplicates, and duplicates have same tags always..

But if you want that every duplicated link, have its own metadata (i dont see point in this), maybe you can add custom tag 'duplicate= 1,2,3', or somehow determine that this is duplicate..

My problem is that now i cant manualy modify tags. For some tracks, title parsing rule i use is not absolutely accurate. So i must edit tracks manualy..
Or when i use 'Auto Tag script' enabled (i receive error), script cant write genre tags after tags already overriden..

Tahnks..

Reply #804
YouTube Track Manager makes use of the ability to have the same link with different metadata overriding, e.g. consider:

Radio loads:
Kaiser Chiefs - Everyday I Love You Less and Less
File path: www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_artist=Kaiser+Chiefs&fb2k_title=Everyday+I+Love+You+Less+and+Less&v=xAkg4cwJp1Y
Gives:
Artist: Kaiser Chiefs
Title: Everyday I Love You Less and Less

Decide like it so much get album links:

Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
Everyday I Love You Less and Less: now requires further metadata overide fields: necessary for correct grouping of the album etc
File path: www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_album=Employment&fb2k_artist=Kaiser+Chiefs&fb2k_date=2005&fb2k_title=Everyday+I+Love+You+Less+and+Less&fb2k_tracknumber=1&v=xAkg4cwJp1Y
Gives:
Album: Employment
Track number: 1
Date: 2005

Then decide you like Kaiser Chiefs and grab links for a compilation:

Kaiser Chiefs - Souvenir: The Singles 2004–2012
Everyday I Love You Less and Less: now requires a different set of metadata override: necessary for correct grouping of the album etc
File path: www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_album=Souvenir%3A+The+Singles+2004%E2%80%932012&fb2k_artist=Kaiser+Chiefs&fb2k_date=2012&fb2k_title=Everyday+I+Love+You+Less+and+Less&fb2k_tracknumber=8&v=xAkg4cwJp1Y
Gives:
Album: Souvenir: The Singles 2004–2012
Track number: 8
Date: 2012

In all the above cases searching YouTube returned the same link, and so for the above to work different metadata overriding for the same link is required. Which is how foo_youtube works which is great  :) .

This may not necessarily be incompatible with allowing editing the fields where metadata overriding is present. And yes I had noticed the changed behaviour in that metadata editing in such cases is now forbidden, although it didn't affect me.

If 3dyd doesn't want to re-add editing where there's metadata overriding, or its too difficult with the new methods, in the genre case it's already possible to achieve what you want. That is, get the info, before the file path (url) with metadata overriding is created rather than after the track is loaded, e.g. add fb2k_genre=Rock as part of the metadata overriding.

Reply #805
You change one track, then every single track with same link should be updated also..

That's duplicates, and duplicates have same tags always..

That is totally true. And at the same time, your words contain the key point. Tracks with and without overridden metadata have different links.

In foobar2000, two tracks are considered the same if their locations equal. Location consists of file path and subsong index (the latter is not used in context of this topic). Look at the file paths from WilB's examples. They all are different which makes to be different the tracks that are made out of them.

Metadata editing worked in 1.x because it used track's tech info as storage. I.e. storage was unique per track. To retain metadata after track removal from playlist, 2.x switched to external storage. But at the same time, to reduce the number of cases when the clip analysis is required, it started to use single storage per clip, not per track. I.e. fb2k_ params are stripped before accessing storage. And that made overall this architecture to be incomplete. Only clip properties should be shared across all tracks belonging to the same clip. Metadata storage should be unique per track, not per clip. Until that's done, only one track per clip can have metadata editing. So regular track (i.e. without overridden metadata) was chosen to be that one.

Reply #806
 hey @3dyd
Any ideia when the next beta will be released (with the replaygain fixed)?

Not trying to rush you, just trying to get a general ideia of a possible ETA.
It's been a bit annoying having to keep adjusting my music volume during the streams :)

Keep up the great work.

Reply #807
If 3dyd doesn't want to re-add editing where there's metadata overriding, or its too difficult with the new methods, in the genre case it's already possible to achieve what you want. That is, get the info, before the file path (url) with metadata overriding is created rather than after the track is loaded, e.g. add fb2k_genre=Rock as part of the metadata overriding.

Thanks WilB i know i can do that before track is loaded, but this not affect 'Youtube Radio', radio works fine.
I have other script, 'Auto Tag' which collects genre from last.fm, and then script add genre tag after track is loaded.
I use this script for both, 'youtube tracks' and 'local tacks', and because of that, this must be 2. script.

Eventualy i can do some workaround, but i hope that this is not necessary..

Metadata storage should be unique per track, not per clip. Until that's done, only one track per clip can have metadata editing. So regular track (i.e. without overridden metadata) was chosen to be that one.

So this behaviour should be changed in the future?
Tank you.

Reply #810
@mire777
Once again thanks for the suggestion.

However, it didnt work out exactly how I like it.

You see, the EBU R 128 Compressor, as you correctly stated, normalizes the music's volume on the fly. This means that it increases  the volume when a certain part of the is low and lowers it when it's too loud.
Although it's very easy to use, it causes the music to seem like it's volume has been increased and other parts lowered through out the song.
Having been a DJ for many years, I have a bit of a trained hearing and it kinda triggers me to listen to a song who's volume u can notice to wobble up and down.
I prefer a song that is analised completely and then, based on the analysis, the gain is increased or lowered for the entire track.

But hey, this is a problem with "me" and my "triggers" & tastes :)

It is still a very solid solution and hadn't 3dyd released a beta6 that fixes the replaygain, I would use it as an alternative until said beta6 was released.
So thank you for ur suggestion.

Reply #811
@tsunami2069
It's already released

So this behaviour should be changed in the future?
Moreover, that must be fixed right now. I have better understood the problem while explaining it. Need to separate metadata and properties storage i.e. the fix will affect already existing edited metadata for regular tracks.

Reply #812
Moreover, that must be fixed right now. I have better understood the problem while explaining it. Need to separate metadata and properties storage i.e. the fix will affect already existing edited metadata for regular tracks.

Great, thanks :)

Reply #813
@3dyd: thanks for this great tool!!
One question: I am using latest version (2.0 beta 7). I found that when searching with integrated UI element, the '...get more' in last position is replaced by the seach item (e.g. 'hello' when you search for 'hello'). When klicking on it, foobar crashes. If I use the search popup window, everything is fine. I am using NG playlist to show search results.
Can you reproduce that behaviour? Any hint what I could change?
Thanks, MojoBass

Reply #814
Could not reproduce the crash. Crash report would be helpful (files *.dmp and *.txt). You can send them via PM or directly to fy[at]3dyd.com

Reply #815
@3dyd: thanks for this great tool!!
One question: I am using latest version (2.0 beta 7). I found that when searching with integrated UI element, the '...get more' in last position is replaced by the seach item (e.g. 'hello' when you search for 'hello'). When klicking on it, foobar crashes. If I use the search popup window, everything is fine. I am using NG playlist to show search results.
Can you reproduce that behaviour? Any hint what I could change?
Thanks, MojoBass

Could not reproduce the crash. Crash report would be helpful (files *.dmp and *.txt). You can send them via PM or directly to fy[at]3dyd.com

The problem can be reproduced if you add a jscript panel , with the albumart script from samples complete directory.
Foobar2000 hangs actually , it doesn't crash.

@marc2003 

Reply #816
Remove my script/component. Problem solved.

Reply #817
@zeremy
Thanks, reproduced that one.

@MojoBass
Try beta 8

Reply #818
Whenever I try to search for a youtube playlist [View-Youtube Search] it gives me back a list of random videos that have nothing to do with the playlist link I put in. I'm using the current BETA version [2.0 beta8]

Example:
Imgur Link

Playlist link that I want to search -
NCS | NoCopyrightSounds All Uploads

Any Help would be appreciated!

Reply #819
@zeremy
Thanks, reproduced that one.

@MojoBass
Try beta 8
Thanks 3dyd, issue solved.
In the search with the integrated UI element it still shows in the %title%-column (within NG playlist) the search item ('melissa etheridge'), and not '...get more'. But when clicking on it, it opens up the next eg 25 matches - so absolutely fine for me.
Thanks as well to zeremy for reproducing.

Reply #821
Works absolutely fine here, no errors..

Tracks with overridden meta are now editable. Thanks 3dyd.

Reply #822
In the search with the integrated UI element it still shows in the %title%-column (within NG playlist) the search item ('melissa etheridge'), and not '...get more'.
That reflects metadata construction changes introduced in v2.

Is it just me or foo_youtube is currently broken? Receive "Timeout was reached" errors on any track I try to play.
Maybe proxy or firewall settings?

Reply #823
Is it only me who is getting "server error (403)) on 95% of all songs ?
Checked for updates "No update need: You have the latest Youtube Source Version"
Have not downloaded any "beta/alpha version" using stable with plugins download version.
Just copy pasting a few examples here below.

Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: server error (403)):
"youtube.com/watch?v=X7bHe--mp1g"

"youtube.com/watch?v=fregObNcHC8"

"youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg"

"youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw"

"youtube.com/watch?v=t1pqi8vjTLY"

"youtube.com/watch?v=3L4YrGaR8E4"

"youtube.com/watch?v=iD2rhdFRehU"

"youtube.com/watch?v=9LcJXckn0Lo"

"youtube.com/watch?v=IrJAwCBbnuc"

"youtube.com/watch?v=xvVLWSsKjkI"

"youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU"

"youtube.com/watch?v=9d8SzG4FPyM"

"youtube.com/watch?v=_CRWKTguxNQ"

Reply #824
Videos from my playlist on youtube used to have their "date added" in the some metadata field, which allowed for me to sort them after that (since I had it displayed in a column). Is this coming back or is it infeasible with the current architecture?

I also fetched the first few items with the clip title parsing rule disabled and now they always re-gain these errorneous tags. Can I somehow reset the stored metadata or re-apply the title parsing rule? The previous method of restarting foobar doesn't work anymore, most likely because of the external storage.

Edit: Found the storage in appdata/foobar2000/foo_youtube/meta.