Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_mod Problem (Read 2630 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_mod Problem

Using either 0.65 or 0.666 or foo_mod I have found that when playing the mod demonic sensation found here
http://www.modarchive.com/artists/timelord/    Foobar's sound outout goes dull 14 seconds through the mod.
If you seek after this happens the output becomes clear again.
I can give more detailed information about my config and hardware/software if this cannot be duplicated.

Foo_mod Problem

Reply #1
Report the problem to BASS.dll author Ian Luck. The "problem" appears to be more like a "feature."

The module contains an effect, E00, at the start of pattern 5. According to the Fast Tracker 2.08 manual:

3.15.1 Filter on / off

Syntax: E + 0 + 1 to make your .MOD file sound terrible on an Amiga.

This effect is not implemented in FT2 due to the fact that it's totally useless.

I have no idea if E01 is supposed to mean Filter off, because changing it to E01 has no effect, but leaving it as E00 causes the filtering. Again, ask Ian. See www.un4seen.com

EDIT: If you want it to ignore that filter effect by default, set MOD playback to FT2 style.