Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to measure the intensity between these discrepancies. (Read 6119 times) previous topic - next topic

How to measure the intensity between these discrepancies.

This work is a preliminar proof of fraudulent audio conversation editing.
I have spotted a difference in here.

First question - Is this white noise or pink noise? (ambient noise).

Second question

I need to measure the yellow arrow range intensity with values.
And I need to give the other values for the blue arrow range.
The red arrow is where I spot with my ears that it is probably an edition crop.

How to do that in Adobe Audition, selecting each range? Getting the numbers... or more graphs.

I don't know if this should have been posted in the CD software section, but this is not about CD, and there is no software audio section only, so forgive me if I have posted in the General Audio. Feel free to move to the appropriate sub-forum.

Thank you experts!

Re: How to measure the intensity between these discrepancies.

Reply #1
This work is a preliminar proof of fraudulent audio conversation editing.
"Proof" would be a stretch.  Maybe you can say "evidence".   And, if you can detect it you can probably cover it up.     ...You could also get a false result if the air conditioning/heating comes on, or if someone opens/closes a door or anything else that could change the character of the sound or the background sound.

Is this white noise or pink noise? (ambient noise).
Pink noise is more "natural" so probably closer to pink.

How to do that in Adobe Audition, selecting each range? Getting the numbers... or more graphs.
If you're not a programmer you'd probably need something like MATLAB that can do FFT (or one of the free MATLAB clones).   But, even with MATLAB (which I've never used) you'll still need to do some serious math and you'll need to understand something about the algorithms.

P.S.
If this is related to legal/courtroom evidence you should probably consult a lawyer.    You could be wasting your time, or maybe a lawyer can give to some tips help make whatever you are doing admissible.

Re: How to measure the intensity between these discrepancies.

Reply #2
You are right. Proof was inadequate. Evidence is more likely. The conditions you described also could influence the background noise. I will look into these programs. This is related to what you said. I could be wasting my time. I will see. Thank you for this answer!