Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1366300 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2925
That does appear to be a bug.
Out of curiousity - if you can you reproduce iton your end - are there plans to fix or leave as is ?

Unfortunately, I have no plans to continue working on foo_discogs at this time. If I were to do so, I'd have to migrate my development environment to Linux which I now use exclusively.

Thanks for the info zoomorph - what a bummer... end of an era then, seemingly.
But, a lot more thanks for all the work you have invested in this component since you took over and have carried it for years!

Fingers crossed someone else with the skills required feels strongly about this and takes over from you some time - source is all here:
https://bitbucket.org/zoomorph/foo_discogs/src/master/
correct ?

Cheers & all the bestest!
c.

Reply #2926
Is anyone else finding that this is now incredibly slow? 10+ minutes to find results?

Reply #2927
Is anyone else finding that this is now incredibly slow? 10+ minutes to find results?
Same here, been slow for the past week or so for me.
Maybe Discogs are doing some rate limiting?

Reply #2928
Many thanks zoomorph (and all the people helping with tests and proposals)
I hope you'll find the way to continue working with this component, maybe under Linux...
Done a fine work anyway!

Quote from: alec.tron on 2020-11-24 20:33:08
    Quote from: zoomorph on 2020-11-10 16:45:19
        That does appear to be a bug.

Fingers crossed someone else with the skills required feels strongly about this and takes over from you some time

@alec.tron, in the meantime, if you'd like, please check:
https://bitbucket.org/fooDaYuyu/foo_discogs

Contains sources and binary to include foo_discogs into fb2k preferences panel
and a rookie attempt to solve the tag write/update bug.

Best regards,
(sorry for bad english)

X

Reply #2929
@alec.tron, in the meantime, if you'd like, please check:

Hello  @da yuyu
I gave it a spin - and write+update seems to work now and spotted no other issues on a hand ful of test runs.
Thanks muchly for taking on the bug fix!!!
All the best.
c.

Reply #2930
 ...in the meantime, if you'd like, please check:

Thanks for this. Is there any way to watch this page for any new releases? https://bitbucket.org/fooDaYuyu/foo_discogs/downloads/. I cannot see anything like github where you can subscribe to any new releases.

Reply #2931
I gave it a spin - and write+update seems to work now and spotted no other issues on a hand ful of test runs.

You are welcome, I am glad the fix is working so far!

Well, I found a crash scenario, clicking on 'Write tags..." followed by closing fb2k (having
wrong OAuth settings and/or no internet connection). Did not happen on zoomorph's original v2.23.
It is now fixed in the latest mod release.

I cannot see anything like github where you can subscribe to any new releases.
Thanks for the suggestion, that could surely come quite handy...
(repository is now located at GitHub: https://github.com/ghDaYuYu/foo_discogs)

Although the intention was just fixing the write/update and next mod updates will surely focus on solving
glitches introduced by the mod itself.

Best regards

Reply #2932
@da yuyu‍ 

Thanks. Seeing as the original plugin is no longer being developed, this seems like a good alternative, thanks to @zoomorph for working on it til now.

Reply #2933
I can't get this plugin to work. The plugin is installed but the tag writing display under preferences doesn't appear and therefore discogs doesn't appear.

Reply #2934
I got it to work. For the new release it appears under Tagging. Did you have to get a Pin number from Discogs. I did.

Reply #2935
Hmm i wish the Foobar Devs would implement it

Reply #2936
Hi all. Via tag mappings it is possible to write to different tags based on the file format?
My library is mostly FLAC with some MP3 and M4As, and I use foo_discogs to prepare my files before adding them to musicbee. I use the "Grouping" field in MusicBee but for some reason it writes this to %CONTENTGROUP% on FLAC files and %GROUPING% in MP3/M4A files.

Ideally I'd like foo_discogs to write to %CONTENTGROUP% on FLACs and %GROUPING% for everything else. Thanks for any help

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure this perfect but I think it works:
%CONTENTGROUP%: $if($stricmp($ext(%path%),flac),,blah)
%GROUPING%: $if($stricmp($ext(%path%),flac),blah,)

Reply #2937
foobar is dead without this tool, thats for sure!

Reply #2938
Do anyone know how to get the line breaks right for RELEASE_NOTES.

It's inserting just a line feed as opposed to CRLF $crlf().

The release is https://www.discogs.com/release/1714607 but this happens on all albums that have notes with \n in them and not \r\n.

I've tried 
Code: [Select]
$trim($replace(%RELEASE_NOTES%,\n,$crlf()))
but no joy.

It currently looks like this in the edit tag info:

Whereas it should be:
Comes with Obi, a regular 4 sheets colour booklet and an extra 8 sheets black and white booklet in English/Japanese with all lyrics (among others).

℗ and © 2007 Kitchenware Records Ltd under exclusive license to Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Limited.
Manufactured by BMG JAPAN, INC., Tokyo, Japan.
Printed in Japan.
Pressed by Sonopress - Hong Kong.

Reply #2939
@stevehero

Fixed CRLFs will be available soon in next release...

Thanks for noticing!

Reply #2942
Why I can't see "CD" in "Find release - Releases"?

Agreed, this has been like this for a while. It's odd because CDs and cassettes come through as just Album, but LPs are labelled.
Would be good if @da yuyu could look into this :)

Reply #2943
@AxelR8 @frogworth

Yes, LPs are labeled but not as 'Vinyl'...

I am currently testing some changes to the code (new %RELEASE_SEARCH_MAJOR_FORMATS% field in Config Panel->Searching sub-release string).

So far is working fine, hopefully a new mod release will be a available in a few days.

Regards

Reply #2944
That new field sounds great!
It would also be good if the format showed in the list of releases so you could easily pick which ones are CD versions.

Reply #2945
The screenshot below shows the release panel I am getting here,
I believe that´s what we are after, please correct me if not.

Also I've just found this...

Good question. The %RELEASE_SEARCH_FORMATS% field comes from this API endpoint, since it's a master release:
https://api.discogs.com/masters/164846/versions

foo_discogs currently uses the "format" field. It looks like "Cassette" is not in there, but it's below in a "major_formats" field. I'm not sure if it was always this way or if they changed it.

For releases that aren't part of a master release, %RELEASE_SEARCH_FORMATS% comes from the artists/<id>/releases API endpoint. That endpoint still returns "Cassette" in the "format" field, there is no "major_formats" field.

foo_discogs would need to be changed to better support this.

The new %RELEASE_SEARCH_MAJOR_FORMATS%  field will add major_formats support to foo_discogs.

I still need to double check the 'comes from the artists/<id>/releases' part in the code before packing the new release.

X

Reply #2946
Hi all

Hope you're well

Anyone else suddenly getting issues from the plugin? just tried searching a release and got the following:-

(FATAL) Error: HTTP Error (403)(url: https://discogs-images.discogs.com/R-34241-1268156664.jpeg?expiry=2021-02-17T19%3A09%3A16.258426&fit=contain&format=auto&height=150&quality=40&width=150&signature=3QbaPAHNCX/lSm7BHwUYZ7BioYGVzOwRS1F2cRcRTrY%3D)

[ESCAPE to close]

Any ideas?

Cheers

Reply #2947
New mod release update...
Reminder: This is a modified version of the original/official component available here

v2.23-mod.02

• Format names (CD, Vinyl,...) available in Find Release panel.
  • Fix carriage returns turning into \n.

To add media descriptions, open Configuration panel > Searching tab
and modify Release & Master sub-release formatting as follows:

%RELEASE_SEARCH_FORMATS%
becomes
%RELEASE_SEARCH_MAJOR_FORMATS%,%RELEASE_SEARCH_FORMATS%

Regards  :))

v2.23-mod.02

Reply #2948
Hi da yuyu.

I got a question about the tag DISCOGS_ARTISTS_URLS.

In tag mapping the sintax is like DISCOGS_ARTISTS_MEMBERS but artist members writes a multivalue and artists urls a single value with all the urls.

How can I write the urls as multivalue?