Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Frequency equalization saved to files. (Read 1852 times) previous topic - next topic

Frequency equalization saved to files.

I posted a similar question to the MP3 General forum a while back, and got no feedback.  Maybe someone reading this forum might have some answers.

I recenly read that iTunes is able to save custom frequency equalization settings for each individual audio file, and then play those files back using those EQ settings, as well as transfer the settings to the iPod for playback.

I'm wondering if there's anything similar available for MP3s.  Perhaps something like a Winamp/FB2K plugin like ReplayGain that will either create an external database file, or write custom EQ settings right to an MP3.

I found information at the ID3 website that this capablilty can be incorporated into writing and playing back MP3s, but I can't seem to find any information about it on the net, or in discussions here in the Hydrogen forums.

Have I missed it? Might Foobar2000 or a Winamp plugin have this capability by any chance? Or is there anything else out there that supports the sort of thing iTunes is doing with custom frequency EQ settings for MP3s, or other file formats?

I'm specifically interested in something that's not too resource demanding too run on a <233MHz system.

Thanks,

Shel
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man