Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: disable automatic tag update? (Read 7138 times) previous topic - next topic

disable automatic tag update?

hi! i'm quite new to foobar and i was just wondering how can i disable it from automatically tagging my mp3 files? i've tried to search around and saw some discussions about replaygain deleting tags so i removed that foo_rgscan (not even sure if that's the right component to remove) from my components folder but still foobar updates some tags from my mp3s before closing the program itself. anyway, i prefer to tag things manually that's why i asked and hope someone could help me out. i'm sorry if this was posted before and missed it. thanks!

foobar2000 v0.9.5.4 with ibiza config

Reply #1
hi! i'm quite new to foobar and i was just wondering how can i disable it from automatically tagging my mp3 files? i've tried to search around and saw some discussions about replaygain deleting tags so i removed that foo_rgscan (not even sure if that's the right component to remove) from my components folder but still foobar updates some tags from my mp3s before closing the program itself. anyway, i prefer to tag things manually that's why i asked and hope someone could help me out. i'm sorry if this was posted before and missed it. thanks!

foobar2000 v0.9.5.4 with ibiza config

As far as I have been able to determine, Foobar is very obedient and will not do anything - including tag files - unless asked by the user.

It would help others here tremendously if you mention what tags are changing. 

Also, as I new user I would suggest working with the default user interface until you get a real good handle on foobar actions and abilities. ymmv

terry

Reply #2
You're probably using an Unofficial playcount plugin. Install the official Playback Statistics plugin, you can find it here:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/index.html

And if you're a new user my advice for you is to start with the default UI: it will save you from a lot of headaches...

Reply #3
thanks for the tip mates! i guess i'll be better off testing foobar with just the default components installed.

thanks again and i'll let you know when i've figured out what caused my issues.

EDIT: i've found out that it was the lyrics plugin having the default settings have caused my concerns. thanks to this link:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=44213