Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Syntax for the total duration of a playlist (Read 1498 times) previous topic - next topic

Syntax for the total duration of a playlist

Hi there.

I need a syntax that shows the total time for a given playlist.

I know the "Properties" panel conveys this information, but I need this syntax to put it in a column of Playlist View or Text Display.

I tried several formulas, but I couldn't get the desired result. If anyone can help me, I am very grateful!

Re: Syntax for the total duration of a playlist

Reply #1
Normal title formatting is evaluated on a per track basis so calculating a total for a whole playlist worth of items is not possible.

You might consider add a playlist manager panel to your layout and then enabling the duration column like this...

Reply #2
That's what I feared...
But thanks for definitively clarifying my question!

Reply #3
The status bar (at least for CUI) shows the total length of the selection for the active playlist.
Double clicking selects the entire playlist and thus shows the total duration. Not exactly what you want, but at least you don't need an additional panel and it only takes a bit of space at bottom.

Reply #4
I use DUI. Thanks for the info!

Reply #5
Status bar in DUI can show duration of selected files too. Useful feature for me, I like to check duration of albums.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #6
I like to check duration of albums.

Some 3rd party playlist viewers offer support for group length in the headers. Off the top of my head...

ELplaylst (CUI only)
SimPlaylist (DUI only)
EsPlaylist (DUI/CUI)

and of course all those horrible javascript-y things like I use which can display playlist totals as well.

https://i.imgur.com/zglzCq0.png

Reply #7
I use SimPlaylist and didn't know it. Thanks for the tip!