Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: External DSD decoding not working (Read 1389 times) previous topic - next topic

External DSD decoding not working

I downloaded foo_input_sacd-1.1.3.zip. and installed the two components it contained
foo_DSD_processor
foo_input_sacd

I am running windows 10-64 bit and have an external Exasound E.32 DAC connected via USB to the computer. I can play DSD files no problem in PCM mode but no matter what I do I cannot get the DSD stream sent to the DAC. Its strange because I can hear some hiss and very faintly I can hear the music. I have tried virtually all the settings restarting in between but whenever I set output to DSD or DSD+PCM I get the problem. I am also running the latest Exasound ASIO drivers.  Attached is a screenshot of the setup in foobar. Any help is greatly appreciated. One more thing the display on the exasound says that it is a PCM stream at 176.4 Khz when I switch to DSD output and for the straight PCM itis the correct  44.1 Khz

Re: External DSD decoding not working

Reply #1
Did you change your output? You need to use ASIO or WASAPI exclusive with DSD.

Re: External DSD decoding not working

Reply #2
Yes. I am using the ASIO drivers that came with the Exasound DAC and they are supposed to work with this setup.

Solved External DSD decoding not working

Reply #3
I resolved the problem finally. When I went to play Flac I got the error message. I had reinstalled the ASIO drivers a couple of times but I finally decided that first I would get foobar working with just a  normal SPDIF output which worked fine and I could play Flac no problem. Then I reinstalled the drivers and changed the settings back to the DSD settings  I was using and it worked! Somehow  it looks like the driver config was all messed up. It now works great and I can see in the display it is decoding DSDS at 2.82 Mhz.