Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sonivm opensource cross-platform audio player (Win/Mac) in Java (Read 1056 times) previous topic - next topic

Sonivm opensource cross-platform audio player (Win/Mac) in Java

Hi all

I've written an audio player for myself in Java (I know, I know - far not the best choice for desktop software, but - it works).
It's called Sonivm and can be downloaded from here: https://github.com/mvmn/sonivm/releases
Requires Java 8+ to be installed.

The actual playback part is based on platform-native FFMPEG (thanks to FFSampledSP library), so that should work fine because FFMPEG is quite mature.

Features that are already there:
- Equalizer
- LastFM support
- CUE-sheets support (with gapeless playback for consequent CUE tracks)
- FLAC, OGG, MP3, M4A support etc (thanks to FFMPEG again)
- Smarter repeat (repeat playlist, single track, consequent tracks from same artist or same album)
- Smarter shuffle (shuffle in whole playlist, or for same artist, or for same album, or for same genre)
- Convenient search in play queue
- Drag&drop files into play queue (as you'd expect, but not supported by some players written in Java like JLGUI for example)

Features planned for the future:
- Music library support (scan folders for audio files, filter by artist/album/year range/genre etc)
- Rating and tagging of tracks/albums/artists
- Smart party shuffle (specify filter  for year ranges, artists, genres, tags, track rating etc)
- Gapeless playback for individual files
- And if I manage to pull it off: WinAmp classic skins support

Feedback is welcome