Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New iTunes, new CoreAudioToolbox.dll (Read 149623 times) previous topic - next topic

New iTunes, new CoreAudioToolbox.dll

Reply #50
I checked the properties of the file first, then checked QAAC.  both report to me 7.9.8.5.

your screenshot is very interesting.  for me, the bottom field - "original file name" - has a value of "CoreAudioToolbox.dll".  according to your screenshot, you're looking at a file that was originally named "CoreAudioResources".

are you sure you're looking at the properties of the file that QAAC is actually using?

EDIT: added image.

Reply #51
I checked the properties of the file first, then checked QAAC.  both report to me 7.9.8.5.

your screenshot is very interesting.  for me, the bottom field - "original file name" - has a value of "CoreAudioToolbox.dll".  according to your screenshot, you're looking at a file that was originally named "CoreAudioResources".

are you sure you're looking at the properties of the file that QAAC is actually using?

yes I'm sure.

qaac show 7.9.8.5, but file version is 7.9.8.4 and I have download itunes from Apple – iTunes site again x86 and x64 versions and the file version is 7.9.8.4.

I have extracted the AppleApplicationSupport.msi file.

Reply #52
yes I'm sure.

qaac show 7.9.8.5, but file version is 7.9.8.4 and I have download itunes from Apple – iTunes site again x86 and x64 versions and the file version is 7.9.8.4.

No. New one is 7.9.8.5, File and Product version: http://imgur.com/QSb0GfX

update:
I've extracted and renamed the QTFiles manually and everything works perfectly with qaac 2.33.

Reply #53
yes I'm sure.

No. New one is 7.9.8.5, File and Product version: http://imgur.com/QSb0GfX

update:
I've extracted and renamed the QTFiles manually and everything works perfectly with qaac 2.33.

I don't know why for me is show 7.9.8.4 as post before and show it on posts before.

and yes qaac work fine I made a mistake in the test.

Reply #54
Probably just Windows icons cache? Is the new file in the EXACT location of the old one?

Reply #55
Probably just Windows icons cache? Is the new file in the EXACT location of the old one?

I have cleaned Windows icons cache and extract AppleApplicationSupport.msi with cmd line "msiexec /a  /qb TARGETDIR="

the name files are corret with command line, but the file version is the same 7.9.8.4

Reply #56
You have the wrong iTunes setup.

Check the version of iTunesSetup.msi (or iTunes64Setup.msi). The files in the new one are not even renamed like you see them there. They all have AppleApplicationSupport_ before the name.

Reply #57
You have the wrong iTunes setup.

Check the version of iTunesSetup.msi (or iTunes64Setup.msi). The files in the new one are not even renamed like you see them there. They all have AppleApplicationSupport_ before the name.

my itunes version is 11.1.4.62 and AppleApplicationSupport_ before the name is if you extract with 7-zip.

if you extract with command line you don't have "AppleApplicationSupport" before the name.

But I have extract with 7-zip and without and the versions still the same 7.9.8.4.

here is my itunes version download again 2 minutes ago.

and here extract with 7-zip AppleApplicationSupport_ before the name

Reply #58
moob2014, don't know what to say, you are doing something wrong.

Tested and double checked, 7.9.8.4 and 7.9.8.5 encoded files are bit identical.

Reply #59
moob2014, don't know what to say, you are doing something wrong.

Tested and double checked, 7.9.8.4 and 7.9.8.5 encoded files are bit identical.

eahm, no problem

I think made all things right but...

can you please send me your CoreAudioToolbox.dll???

here is mine:
Code: [Select]
http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/46814064/file.html

Reply #60
The one you shared on zippyshare is 7.9.8.5. It's already the latest.

Reply #61
The one you shared on zippyshare is 7.9.8.5. It's already the latest.

what?

And why show 7.9.8.4 in my windows?

I have windows 8.1 updated portuguese.

file version in your windows  is 7.9.8.4 or 7.9.8.5??

Reply #62
We are OT, File and Product version, of the one you sent me, are 7.9.8.5.

OT again, stop using that WinRAR bs, use 7-Zip and share files in .zip.

Keeping the OT, that file you just shared is copyrighted by Apple, you can't share it.

Reply #63
They just don't properly update version resources for every locale, so number shown in the windows explorer property should be inconsistent among various locales.
qaac always picks up the number from the one for en-US.

Reply #64
We are OT, File and Product version, of the one you sent me, are 7.9.8.5.

the file I send show in my windows 7.9.8.4.

this is a bug of my windows?

Reply #65
They just don't properly update version resources for every locale, so number shown in the windows explorer property should be inconsistent among various locales.
qaac always picks up the number from the one for en-US.

So you meaning, because I'm from portugal the file version number is not the same from who download from USA??

Reply #66
I'm not sure he meant that exactly, since the file is the same

Reply #67
So you meaning, because I'm from portugal the file version number is not the same from who download from USA??

No. The CoreAudioToolbox.dll is internationalized, and contains multiple resource, each of which stands for USA, Portugal, etc...
The problem is that, version number contained in the resource for Portugal can be different from the one for USA.
Windows will pick up the one for your country /language settings. So, on different country, file version for the same binary can be shown different.
This has been a known issue, and qaac has been always using the one for en-US to avoid this inconsistency.

Reply #68
I'm not sure he meant that exactly, since the file is the same

thanks, eahm.

I think that exactly mean because what I reply to you in PM

thank you

Reply #69

No. The CoreAudioToolbox.dll is internationalized, and contains multiple resource, each of which stands for USA, Portugal, etc...
The problem is that, version number contained in the resource for Portugal can be different from the one for USA.
Windows will pick up the one for your country /language settings. So, on different country, file version for the same binary can be shown different.
This has been a known issue, and qaac has been always using the one for en-US to avoid this inconsistency.

Thanks for your explanation.

well justifies why the same file shows a different number according to the location

but its very strange for me the version is 7.9.8.4 and for who live in USA the same file is 7.9.8.5

Reply #70
I think this version problem is neglible since CoreAudioToolbox seems only update the version number but not touched the encoder part in any way.
Conversion with old and "new" toolbox produces exactly same audio data for me 

Reply #71
Hello,

@nu774
I found that your latest (v. 4) makeportable.cmd script works as intended if I add ^^ before ! in 7z lines. Is it my environment (cmd in W7 64) that creates this particular behaviour?

AiZ

Reply #72
@nu774
I found that your latest (v. 4) makeportable.cmd script works as intended if I add ^^ before ! in 7z lines. Is it my environment (cmd in W7 64) that creates this particular behaviour?

Could you try instead adding the following?
setlocal disabledelayedexpansion

I guess you have enabled delayed expansion on registry setting or something, in which case exclamation mark will become another quote character that needs to be escaped as you say.
However, I'm afraid your solution should not work when it is disabled (and it is disabled by default).
If that fixes your issue, I can update makeportable.

Reply #73
Well,
Could you try instead adding the following?
setlocal disabledelayedexpansion

I guess you have enabled delayed expansion on registry setting or something, in which case exclamation mark will become another quote character that needs to be escaped as you say.

I was testing your script at work and, of course, it is absolutely functional at home.
I'll tell you Monday what happens after the mod.

Have a nice WE,

AiZ

Reply #74
Hello,

Script is perfectly working at work after the modification.

Thank you,

AiZ