Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Verification differences between ALAC and FLAC of same rip... (Read 626 times) previous topic - next topic

Verification differences between ALAC and FLAC of same rip...

Not a mission critical problem but wondering if something I should be concerned about?
I use XLD to rip from disc to ALAC; and let's say this particular example is AccurateRip verified as about 23/43; all tracks ripped accurately.
I then convert the ALAC (folder) to a single FLAC and CUE.
I open the CUE in XLD and run the 'verify' task.
AccurateRip comes back with a different disc ID and now a couple of the tracks are NG (1 submission)
Is this expected behaviour?
-
The reason for the two formats is I'm currently using different formats and different libraries on different machines. Eventually I will standardise but it's more work than I have time for just now.

Re: Verification differences between ALAC and FLAC of same rip...

Reply #1
Without logs it is a guessing game.
Usually a different ID is caused by information that was available on the original CD that is missing in the rip when converted.
  • information about the presence and duration of any data tracks
  • information about the presence and duration of any Hidden Track One Audio (HTOA, i.e. track 01's "pregap" or "index 00" portion)
    or the actual HTOA in an audio file.
korth

Re: Verification differences between ALAC and FLAC of same rip...

Reply #2
@korth thanks; your explanation was spot on. It just so happened that the first couple of folders I tried this on had derived from discs that had had a data track! Obviously XLD doesn’t rip this so the disc becomes technically ‘different’.
Tried the same thing on roughly another 50 or so discs and they’ve all been bang on. Same disc id and same confidence as original rip.