Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack to MP3 (Read 8227 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack to MP3

Could anyone please recommend a straightforward audio converter that would be able to:

-Encode from hybrid WavPack files (both lossy and correction file are present in the same folder) to Lame MP3;
-Copy any wavpack metatags into the resulting MP3 file;
-Finally, and in lieu of this previous thread http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=74740, it should ideally do the conversion via Windows 7's context menu, as I usually browse my WavPack library via Windows Explorer and that's how I end up calling up Mp3Tag, for example, and would also like to be able to do any conversion "on the fly".

Any recommendation is appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: forgot to mention a key point: it should be a freeware or open-source solution, as I might be required to install it on different machines (in case it exists).
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

WavPack to MP3

Reply #1
I believe the free version of dBpoweramp covers what you need, after installing the WavPack codec found here. Give it a try.

WavPack to MP3

Reply #2
I believe the free version of dBpoweramp covers what you need, after installing the WavPack codec found here. Give it a try.

That might come quite in handy actually, as I didn't know dBPA had a free version. Thank you!

But I guess it's all that silly linked page's fault as I still fail to see a simple "download FREE DBpoweramp" button. (sigh)

I'm amazed at how some companies try to push their overspecified paid version by burying a simple link to its free counterpart underneath loads of visual junk.
União e reconstrução

WavPack to MP3

Reply #3
I'm amazed at how some companies try to push their overspecified paid version by burying a simple link to its free counterpart underneath loads of visual junk.

Because they don't make money from the free version!

dbPA actually has quite useful stuff in the paid for version, it's cheap and well supported too.

WavPack to MP3

Reply #4
The free version is the trial version, after 21 days it reverts to the free version.

WavPack to MP3

Reply #5
The free version is the trial version, after 21 days it reverts to the free version.

I'm glad you caught my drift.

That's quite helpful. Thank you.
União e reconstrução

WavPack to MP3

Reply #7
I'd done that initially and was able conlcude DPA is indeed a very powerful tool and to be fair, it's a real bargain for its price, given its sheer amount of features.

But for convenience, I ended up using foobar's converter instead, as I can not only convert the occasional .wv file to .mp3 but also .flac to .wv whilst keeping even the album artwork - as I'm currently transcoding all my lossless library to WavPack for reasons I'd mentioned on another thread.

Thanks a bunch anyway. 
União e reconstrução