Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [ver 0.9] Converting to MP3: How to write ID3v2.3, not ID3v2.4? (Read 10181 times) previous topic - next topic

[ver 0.9] Converting to MP3: How to write ID3v2.3, not ID3v2.4?

Reply #25
I do have a program to convert ID3v2.4 -> ID3v2.3, but it becomes very tedious, as it doesn't have the ability to cover multiple folders, and I'm converting hundreds of files to MP3 in various different folders.

You should try Mp3tag. It has the ability to cover folders and their subfolders. Just select the root folder, Mp3tag reads in every file beneath it, select Id3v2.3 in the options and update all your files at once.

Chris

Reply #26
Meh. FB2K reads 2.4 tags, so I don't care whether it writes 2.3 or 2.4.

Do all you people that whinge and whine about lack of support actually use any programs that don't support it?

Are you serious?  Walk the threads, then ask again if you feel it's necessary.

Foobar is my main music app.  But I and others have important interop needs, including iTunes and WMP (and now xbox).  And, horrors, I *share* my files at times.

+Reardon

Reply #27

I do have a program to convert ID3v2.4 -> ID3v2.3, but it becomes very tedious, as it doesn't have the ability to cover multiple folders, and I'm converting hundreds of files to MP3 in various different folders.

You should try Mp3tag. It has the ability to cover folders and their subfolders. Just select the root folder, Mp3tag reads in every file beneath it, select Id3v2.3 in the options and update all your files at once.

Chris

Thanks for the heads up Chris, I'll check it out 

Reply #28
N9ne if you want to convert the tags, you should use the current Beta version, the one on the main site does not read all v2.4 fields yet.