Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Channel Mixer (foo_channel_mixer) (Read 530212 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Channel Mixer (foo_channel_mixer)

Reply #475
For me this was the best part of foobar to be honest, I hope you make it work for the newest update, and if not, tell me an older version which works with your component

Reply #476
I'm so happy I made it work by going to preferences/DSP manager then adding the channel mixer, instead of playback/channel mixer.

phew, I'm never upgrading foobar ever
sorry for multi posting, I didn't know how to edit xD

Reply #477
I'm trying to get this to work for stereo sources: 2.1 output (left, right and 1 or 2 subwoofer channels)

Settings:
6 output channels (all checked)

Upmix mode "copy" or "surround" results in subwoofer channels, but none of the subwoofer settings have any effect. The full frequency range signal is sent to the sub.

With upmix mode "none" (which should be the correct setting according to this thread) there is no subwoofer channel.

Any ideas?

Reply #478
I am working on a 5.1.4 speaker layout and want to time align the 10 channels of playback in foobar.

Any chance channel mixer could be updated to support 10+ channels?

Reply #479
How can I redirect center channel to both FR and FL channels?

Reply #480

See the first two screenshots (assuming 5.1ch audio and you only want the centre and front channels).

Try the Matrix Mixer.  In the third screenshot it's configured to downmix 5.1ch to stereo (without the LFE channel), but it demonstrates how it works.

Reply #481

See the first two screenshots (assuming 5.1ch audio and you only want the centre and front channels).

Try the Matrix Mixer.  In the third screenshot it's configured to downmix 5.1ch to stereo (without the LFE channel), but it demonstrates how it works.

I actually want to use 4 speakers (FR/FL/SR/SL) because my center speaker is to the side of my audio speakers (TV is on the corner of the room), so hearing the center channel from the left is annoying. My goal is to reproduce that center channel in both FR and FL (I can do this manually disabling the center channel on the receiver, but this takes some time). I guess in order to do that, the 2nd screenshot should look the same, right?

Reply #482
That sort of thing is usually easy enough to work out. If you don't have the peak or VU meter as a UI element, just open one of them from the View/Visualisations menu (I assume that's a standard menu and not something added by a plugin). When one of them are open you can configure the Channel Mixer and visually see the output. Anyway....

Select "four" as the number of channels under the General tab, set Mode to off under the UpMix tab (unless you do want 2ch audio upmixed to 4 channel) and under the Downmix tab, set everything to 1.00
The one exception is the Center channel, technically it should be 0.71 for the center channel to have the same volume when it's added to the left and right channels (because it'll be coming from two speakers instead of one), but if you prefer the centre channel a bit louder, leave Center at 1.00 too.

If you have the peak or VU meter open, when you apply all that, the meter should look something like this (5.1ch input).

Reply #483
I don't use the Channel Mixer much, so could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong here? The input is 5.1ch audio, as per the 1st screenshot, with only the centre channel containing audio at that point in time. When I set the number of output channels to five, I assume the centre channel should be mixed to left and right. The trouble is, it seems to be in the LFE channel instead, and I have no control over the volume (second screenshot).

I found version 0.9.6.5 on the internet (I wish there was an easy way to download old versions of DSPs) and it's behaving the same way as version 0.9.6.7. Centre ends up in the LFE channel according to fb2k (third screenshot). That dll is dated 2008, so I can only assume I'm an idiot and missing something, because it couldn't've been broken for 10 years?

When you select 5 channels as the output, you get front left and right, rear left and right, and LFE. Shouldn't it be front left and right, centre, rear left and right?
In other words, isn't 5ch normally 5.1ch minus the LFE?

Cheers.

Reply #484
You can select L/C/R and RR and LR and not select LFE.  this would be 5ch or 5.0 if you will.  It's useful in a scenario where the user doesn't have an LFE setup as the front L and R have a enough large woofer as an example and can handle (according to their speaker spec) 20-32Hz low frequencies thus no need for an LFE.  Further, I too have experienced the centre channel being "on" (though its checked "off) with Channel Mixer, sort of a bleed if you will when I was running a 4.1 setup (L/R/RR/RL and LFE).  This may be due to a receiver decoding improperly.  On a similar note, after loading and installing 1.4.2 Foobar today I ran the Foobar Troubleshooter and two red flags came up suggesting I upgrade or remove Channel Mixer 0.9.6.7 and DVD Audio decoder.  With a Wifi Speed between 500-725 to the router and WD EX Ultra II 12TB hard wired, I've noted choppy audio, drop outs, lockup and audio stuttering.  Though I do enjoy the ability of 'widening the stereo image' in Channel Mixer and creating multiple profiles, its not worth popping a tweeter or mid range or woofer.

Reply #485
Not sure if this would help but here's how I have mine setup as I noted you have a few screens that are grayed out especially under the General tab where it shows "bypass".  My screen capture shows all 6 channels selected with additional screens to follow.  Then on the profile screen it shows Active under 'Surround Sound 6 Channel' (i.e 5.1)  If you'll note under Profiles I have various setups as it depends on the source material.  To do this go back and uncheck boxes under general and then save a new Profile such as as Quad 4.0 without the use of LFE or Quad 4.1 with the use of LFE.  I have some source material that is 4.1, when that's played its as simple as making that Profile Active.  To do this go under General, then choose 5 channels listed (vs 6) - have checked L/R RR and RL with LFE (center is unchecked) and I won't use Downmix or Upmix at all (grayed or Bypass) in a surround sound theater room (no need) then save the profile.  In fact in a Surround Sound setup room I don't see a reason to Downmix a 5.1 DTS file to Stereo.  There of course is good use to Upmix a stereo SACD file and then change the necessary settings to match and save as a separate profile.  With the newest Foobar though there's several Upmixes already available.  I just wish there was a way to control the Stereo Image as with Channel Mixer

Reply #486
My big apologies for leaving my plugins without support and updates. There have been too many changes in my life.
Today I received an email about complaints about crashes caused by CM (About -> Online Troubleshooting). Please, if you have one of them, send it to me directly to skipyrich at skipyrich dot com. We have time until spring :)
My English is very good!
...in comparison with my Korean language...

Reply #487
Hello!
glad to see you here again :)
I use your (foo_preview). Thanks for developing such nice plugins! I hope to see you here more often.
Thanks and best regards!

Reply #488
My big apologies for leaving my plugins without support and updates. There have been too many changes in my life.
Today I received an email about complaints about crashes caused by CM (About -> Online Troubleshooting). Please, if you have one of them, send it to me directly to skipyrich at skipyrich dot com. We have time until spring :)
There's never a reason to apologize when working for free! You are more than welcome to try and correct issues, but I'm thankful already for even having this plugin. Cheers!

Reply #489
Hi everybody,
Could this component be used to change channel order like a channel mapper ?
E.g. I have a 4-channel audio, and I would like ch. 1-2-3-4 to become 3-4-1-2.
How could I achieve this ? Thank you.

Reply #491
Thanks, and sorry. I'll have to look at Matrix Mixer more closely.
EDIT : I think I understand now. I would need this matrix :
0, 0, 1, 0
0, 0, 0, 1
1, 0, 0, 0
0, 1, 0, 0

Unfortunately as you know Rollin, that will be useful for me only if this issue has been dealt with : https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=119995.new#info_988855

Reply #492
You'll have to bug the author of that DSP to fix their DSP, then. Or at least document that it's a total no-op on anything but stereo signals.

Reply #493
Believe me, I'm bugging him.  :D Will report upon progress if there's any.

Reply #494
Hi, folks!
Who want, who can, who have much time to maintain the repository with all my plugins? It is in some "detroited" condition now and required some work.
Unfortunately, my health no longer allows me to maintain my projects. Please do not write directly to my email.

Yours, Skipy.
My English is very good!

Reply #495
https://skipyrich.com/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks for all the great plugins. I'll put as many as I can up on my blog / Google drive and keep them available.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #496
Thank you! But I mean something different. I will publish my code repository with all sources of all my plugins. I apologize for the confusion.
My English is very good!

Reply #497
What is the difference between the sound output if Subwoofer tab is set with:
Bass Redirection (ON)
——Full Redirection vs
——Leave sub intact

Reply #498
What is the difference between the sound output if Subwoofer tab is set with:
Bass Redirection (ON)
——Full Redirection vs
——Leave sub intact

After much reading and experimenting, I think I’ve understood the difference a bit better. Seems that although the two options are similar (in that they high-pass the frequencies to the main speakers and low-pass the signal from the satellite) they differ in  that Full Redirection will low pass the LFE channel as well, while the Leave Sub intact will leave the LFE information intact and pass it fully

Reply #499
Thank you! But I mean something different. I will publish my code repository with all sources of all my plugins. I apologize for the confusion.

would it be possible for you to put the sources on GitHub? or upload them somewhere, so i could put them on GitHub?

whatever you'll do, thank you for your foo_channel_mixer, i really love that plugin <3