Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 488491 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #400
I can't load a video and get this error.

Can't start playback
Loading a file: Unspecified error

I get the window saying playback stopped. My media downloader is lav filters.

And when I set it to foobar2000 video window is just black.

Do you know what could be the problem?

Reply #401
On windows xp sp2 , i have this:
''Can't start playback
Connect source to the splitter: The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn't exist''
(Video don't work. Sound is ok)

On windows 7 all works fine.

I use preconf. version on both computers..
Maybe this is because windows xp sp2 can't use latest lav filters...

Reply #402
I have preconfigured version of the component too. Yes, audio loads just fine, tough a bit too long (about 10-15 seconds?) and I don't have m4a seeking enabled. I'm using Windows 8.1 so it's probably something different.

Reply #403
Would be better if you post exact use case to test it i.e. your settings (Help -> Youtube Source -> Copy settings to Clipboard) + some link which loads 10-15 sec and shows black screen in video (for video use foobar2000 in Features->Media downloading).

Reply #404
Code: [Select]
Start: fast, quality: audio-bitrate 180 kbps, ignore:, priority: ogg;opus, prefer-audio-only: yes
Downloading: foobar2000, decode: mp4;m4a;webm;ogg;opus;flv;3gp
FFmpeg: Lavf 56.4.103, Lavc 56.1.101, Lavu 54.7.100, Lavr 2.1.0
Search-autocomplete: yes, album-art: yes, remove-black: yes, limit: 100, proxy: no
Video: yes, resolution: 720p, subtitles: yes, ignore:mp4-vo;webm;webm-vo;flv, priority: mp4, show: manual-until-youtube

Every link loads this long (even 20 seconds - I've just measured) and I've always got black screen if downloading media is foobar. If LAV filters is selected it just says stopped and shows the error mentioned in my earlier post.

Reply #405
Settings are ok. I can also advise install fresh portable foobar, install preconf component there (change only one setting - enable video playback) and try.
Also maybe issue relates to firewall or system proxy?

Every link loads this long (even 20 seconds - I've just measured)

I.e. this vs this opening the same time? (30 seconds vs 3 hours)

Reply #406
Installed fresh portable version and nothing changed. Both clips you gave took 10 seconds to open.
I don't know whether it's firewall or proxy related and I don't know how to check it.

Reply #407
I have noticed that the latest version, 1.4, but not previous versions, seems to interact badly with the EBU R128 Normalizer. The EBU R128 Normalizer is useful for applying replay gain on the fly. I get sound dropouts and freezes of the visualisations within the last few seconds of track playback. I can reproduce this on a fresh portable foobar2000 1.3.5 install with all foo_youtube settings at install default (tested with both preconfig and non preconfig with resetting of configuration file when changed type). The only other plug-in installed is the EBU R128 Normalizer. Issue occurs as soon as EBU R128 Normalizer is added to the DSP chain; stops when remove. Issue occurs just before track change and during the last few seconds of the playing track when the next track to be played is a youtube track but not if it's a flac. Its not a big deal if its difficult to fix since its near the end of the track, but seeing as I spotted it I thought I would report it.

Like emte, I have noticed that youtube tracks are slower to load in 1.4. Tracks take ~8 secs after double clicking before the music starts as opposed to ~2 secs on previous versions. Again this is using a fresh portable foobar2000 1.3.5 install with all foo_youtube settings at install default (tested with both preconfig and non preconfig with resetting of configuration file when changed type) and has nothing to do with the EBU R128 Normalizer. Seeking over M4A is not enabled. This is on windows 8.1. Perhaps the two issues are related.

Reply #408
Just to confirm, as other says video load on double click is slower in v. 1.4.
m4a seeking work but i don't use this.
There is also problem with R 128 on track end.

Reply #409
I can confirm the slow loading of clips since 1.4. I'm on XP SP3 and I have video and seeking disabled.

I also like to request a download feature. What I'd really like is a function that will download the file (by right-clicking and/or a keyboard shortcut) to a folder with the same audio quality as specified in the prefs, using the same metadata. It would be even greater if the downloaded file would automatically replace the YouTube version in a playlist.

Reply #410
Confirm, slower loading on clicking on songs, but I think it is even slower if you use "next song" button. So for me it seems to just be longer time when you simply change/load songs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also as mentioned an option to set "Download songs" and have it set to whatever folder you want.
And also what previously person wrote, so when a song starts then a downloaded version would have priority over online, You-Tube.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I sometimes get broken links "Not allowed in your country" is there any way to dissable country check ?

Is there any way to give us option to see the URL of songs prefered to notepad (songlist.txt) ?
For example, "export playlist to "notepad++" or some other text editing program
Also if you added this then have an option to import songlist from txt files.

Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source:  This video has been removed by the user. Sorry about that.):
"3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXbwNUkaXtw"

Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source:  This video is not available in your country. Sorry about that.):
"3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR2IE2KiAs"

Reason for this is a few of these errors I get from time to time, where it is hard to find out what songs are the ones that are "broken"
But if I could export the entire playlist to notepad++ and use the search funktion there, then that would be easy.
Also importing "playlist" from pure txt files would also be nice.

So the exported/imported playlist would only look something like this in notepad.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXbwNUkaXtw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR2IE2KiAs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZLv2G0Hhn4
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgGSLj1SPc

Still it seems like 30% of the songs in my playlist have "Artist" as "?", tried to edit song, change info, save and next time that song comes in the playlist it resets the saved song artist and replaces it with "?"

Such manually edited fields are stored in tech info fields of the track, thereby they exist only until exist the track. If remove the edited track from all playlists and close the program then manually edited tags will be lost (if not close the program then they will be available till it keeps data for Undo).

So it is not possible to change the displayed "Artist" and "Title" in my playlist ?
You explained why doing the way I did it does not work. But you did not say if it was possible for me to do any other way so I Actually can see the correct Artist/Title in my songlist. So even if you explained it, you did not say if it was possible and if so how.

Reply #411
or maybe even make the export look like this, so you can actually search for some songs easier, add/remove/edit songs/list, and then export to Foobar.
But when you import songs to the playlist, it only takes the first line untill the first " "(space) is used, and all into like Artist/title info after is optional in settings before you hit the export button.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR2IE2KiAs    @@@    AC/DC - The Furor
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZLv2G0Hhn4    @@@    Iron Maiden - Be Quick Or Be Dead
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgGSLj1SPc    @@@    Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark (1992) Official Video HQ480p

Also this could be a nice way to send an entire playlist to another person, without forced to add all songs one at the time manually.

Reply #412
Yeah, I see the opening delay increase. In new version switched to https everywhere. Using https instead of http takes more time at establishing the connection. Component also does now more requests to the server at opening - in some cases this gives more qualities and allows to play some restricted clips. All this together produces such a big delay. I'll try to optimise this, too big delay on Playback Start - Fast is definitely inappropriate!

I have noticed that the latest version, 1.4, but not previous versions, seems to interact badly with the EBU R128 Normalizer.

It is because of this delay. Normalizer waits for new data at opening new Youtube track so the pause appears (no matter current track is Youtube clip or not). And pause sounds at end of current track because normalizer has internal buffer few seconds length (depends of its latency value). Actually I see the delay even in previous component version if audio appears by https instead of http. Increasing playback buffer length (Preferences -> Playback -> Output -> Buffer length) to value greater than opening delay seems solves the issue.

I also like to request a download feature. What I'd really like is a function that will download the file (by right-clicking and/or a keyboard shortcut) to a folder with the same audio quality as specified in the prefs, using the same metadata. It would be even greater if the downloaded file would automatically replace the YouTube version in a playlist.

Noted, but as with similar caching request  I would not expect this anytime soon.

I sometimes get broken links "Not allowed in your country" is there any way to dissable country check ?

No, it checks on Youtube side and message is also from Youtube. If you anyway need the clip, you can use proxy to access it from allowed country.

Is there any way to give us option to see the URL of songs prefered to notepad (songlist.txt) ?

I definitely sure there already exist many ways to export tracks info from foobar. One of the ways - you can use Copy command on selected tracks in the playlist. How to generate text for copying can be configured through Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Legacy title formatting settings -> Copy command. Simple example:
Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,3dydfy:/,http:/)

Also importing "playlist" from pure txt files would also be nice.

So the exported/imported playlist would only look something like this in notepad.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXbwNUkaXtw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR2IE2KiAs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZLv2G0Hhn4
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgGSLj1SPc

Multiple links adding already possible.

Reply #413
Not sure if you missed my question, so Ill write it again.

Still it seems like 30% of the songs in my playlist have "Artist" as "?", tried to edit song, change info, save and next time that song comes in the playlist it resets the saved song artist and replaces it with "?"

Such manually edited fields are stored in tech info fields of the track, thereby they exist only until exist the track. If remove the edited track from all playlists and close the program then manually edited tags will be lost (if not close the program then they will be available till it keeps data for Undo).

And then I replied this that I never got an answer to.
So it is not possible to change the displayed "Artist" and "Title" in my playlist ?
You explained why doing the way I did it does not work. But you did not say if it was possible for me to do any other way so I Actually can see the correct Artist/Title in my songlist. So even if you explained it, you did not say if it was possible and if so how.

Reply #414
@Wolfbane
Edited metadata of playlist item stores in its technical info (kind of storage which foobar provides for playlist items). It exist while exist the item. You can edit metadata but you will lose it if remove item from the playlist. Maybe there exist some component which can store metadata or tech info outside of the playlist item but within component this is not possible now.

Reply #415
New version 1.4.1

Changelog:
- playback start speed optimisation and settings extending. Along with optimisation Playback Start - Fast was splited to three variants. Each additional of them produces more requests to Youtube. At this moment using #2 gives more AO qualities (selected by default) and #3 sometimes gives additional regular videos, mostly soft-made 3D variants for the clips (this one was used in Fast from v1.4)
- removed ffmpeg media downloading. Youtube may provide media data using HTTPS instead of HTTP and at this moment FFmpeg builds on Windows cannot use HTTPS so selecting ffmpeg in Media downloading may result in error at the playback start. At other hand it has no special advantages over other downloading methods so decided to just remove it

Reply #416
@Wolfbane
Edited metadata of playlist item stores in its technical info (kind of storage which foobar provides for playlist items). It exist while exist the item. You can edit metadata but you will lose it if remove item from the playlist. Maybe there exist some component which can store metadata or tech info outside of the playlist item but within component this is not possible now.

Hmm..

"You can edit metadata but you will lose it if remove item from the playlist."

For me, the renaming does not work, and I never remove them from my playlist.
Everythime I play a song it seems to reload the info from You-Tube and overwrite anything I have edited.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Run program in Admin mode.
I go to properties of a song, edit the "Artist" and "Title" press "Apply"
Close down the properties.
"Save playlist"
Close down FooBar, open up foobar.
next time that songs comes on, then it resets it.

Ofc this would happen without closing down FooBar and all other extra stuff I did.
So just change artist/title and next second put on song resets the info displayed.

And songs where never removed from the playlist

Recorded a short video of me just doing that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh7uVlv1BaI

This is with the latest version v1.4.1
And also seems like the music starts before the video.

Reply #417
For me, the renaming does not work, and I never remove them from my playlist.

Strange, it should work. Did you edit LargeFieldsConfig.txt ? Because the only thing I can suggest - info does not store to tech fileds because their length limit is too small. You can also try fresh portable foobar with just this component to check if all works.

For me this seems always so in case of WebM files. And MP4-VO takes too much time to open. So as for me better to disable all formats except MP4 and 3GP. MP4 is bigger than VO and has 720p max but opens fast and has no problems with audio synchronisation.

Reply #418
This is with the latest version v1.4.1

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing. The sound comes first and then video and they're not in sync - if I select a different format (so far I've only selected higher quality) the audio and video are in sync. But playing from playlist the first play is always out of sync (and synchronize video or synchronize playback do not have any effect).

This wasn't the case in the previous versions I'd used. Sometime after playing item 1, item 2 would be out of sync, but synchronize video would work.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #419
Not sure what is this. Would be good if you pasted your settings and for any case some clip link. You also can reset Features tab, reenable video and try again.

Reply #420
I'd changed my settings in line with what you suggested to Wolfbane. So the problem seems to be with webm.

UPDATE: I switched settings to force webm and prevent mp4 and now I can't reproduce it (typically!). So, please ignore until perhaps someone else has the same problem and can submit console and settings data.

If there is a problem it seems to be able to be accidentally fixed by messing around with the preferred formats. I'll keep you informed if this issue resurfaces.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #421
Hi. You've removed video downloading with LAV filters. And for foobar2000 I always get an error:

Can't start playback
Connect source to the splitter: The owner of the security identifier (SID) for the subscription "to user" was not found

(translated from Russian)
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #422
I getting error text wrong. This is actualally error VFW_E_CANNOT_CONNECT (No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection).

Anyway. I don't see it. Does it appear on particular clips? Particular qualities? Does it appear in prev 1.4 version if select ffmpeg in Media downloading? (and does not appear if select there LAV?) Does Features page reset help? Any other clues?

Reply #423
Now it appears for all clips and qualities. It did not appear whan I was selecting downloading via LAV (I don't remeber if there was downloading video with ffmpeg). Reset does not help.
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #424
Maybe it relates to version of LAV Filters. If you have them installed in the system, which version are you using? Because even in preconf, if LAV Filters are installed in the system, it uses installed filters instead of embedded regardless of their version.